Hardware Shop Channel Update

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I too have been wondering if tis is safe to update. I installed the 4.2E and it blocks NTSC games running with a Wii Key v2 but i did not want to install this update in case it causes some issue wit the Wii Key from working all together.

Does anyone know if this update has any negative effects on your Wii?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grabbed the latest shop channel via NUSD and installed with WAD Manager.

worked out just fine. and i am about to redeem my title.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
PabloACZ said:
It isn't safe, as it reinstalls most of the contents from the 4.2 update (including the stubbed IOSs), meaning that you'll lose again the cIOS from Waninkoko and Hermes, only if you had them installed. The only safe way to update the Shop Channel (and probably, the IOS 61, too) is by using WiiSCU v0.23.

... So, it seems it isn't. Just use the above mentioned app to update the Shop Channel and/or IOS 61 or download this titles with NUSD and install them with WAD Manager.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was originally looking for that program, because i wasn't sure if a NUSD wad would be good enough, but after reading the wiibrew page, i'm kind of glad that i went with NUSD. it seems to outclass wiiscu. it's at least much more versatile, and contains all of wiiscu's usefulness within its own features.

minus the actual installation, i suppose, but that's a minor point for me.

it seems like you could even use DOP-IOS if you wanted.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
sweenish said:
i was originally looking for that program, because i wasn't sure if a NUSD wad would be good enough, but after reading the wiibrew page, i'm kind of glad that i went with NUSD. it seems to outclass wiiscu. it's at least much more versatile, and contains all of wiiscu's usefulness within its own features.

minus the actual installation, i suppose, but that's a minor point for me.

it seems like you could even use DOP-IOS if you wanted.

As far as I know, only the Dop-IOS MOD by SifJar, Arikado and PhoenixTank allows you to download and install channels and the System Menu, but it is buggy for me, :/...

phoenix345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone just give me a simple answer... i want to get the new wii shop channel working on my 4.1 wii with pre-loader and homebrew channel and several wad channels installed. I have a mac so no nus downloader for me. what should i do

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
As far as I know, only the Dop-IOS MOD by SifJar, Arikado and PhoenixTank allows you to download and install channels and the System Menu, but it is buggy for me, :/...

good to know

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
phoenix345 said:
someone just give me a simple answer... i want to get the new wii shop channel working on my 4.1 wii with pre-loader and homebrew channel and several wad channels installed. I have a mac so no nus downloader for me. what should i do

Use WiiSCU v0.23 and update the IOS 61 and the Shop Channel. You won't have problems with Preloader, as it uses IOS 60.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night