ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I may have accidentally added an extra zero, but yeah if one at the start is missing that's a bit odd.

I am actually on the pre-release version atmosphere/15.0. I figured that probably had something to do with it. No active cheats/overlays are installed nor have I ever installed any afaik. Sucks because I couldn't even launch Splatoon 3 on my hacked Switch without updating the firmware.
Could you check the error message again in case you did add an extra zero at the end? the one at the beginning means nothing so I could update the program so it accepts the title ID without the 0 because it's valid.

actually, if you can post the error messages that would be helpful.

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you check the error message again in case you did add an extra zero at the end? the one at the beginning means nothing so I could update the program so it accepts the title ID without the 0 because it's valid.

actually, if you can post the error messages that would be helpful.
Sure thing. One important note also, I just gave 1.2 of Shiverbot a try just to see if anything changes, and I do not receive the error message with the title ID, just the no addresses for this version error.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    1.6 KB · Views: 34
  • error2.PNG
    error2.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 35

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sure thing. One important note also, I just gave 1.2 of Shiverbot a try just to see if anything changes, and I do not receive the error message with the title ID, just the no addresses for this version error.
Can you click the "meta" button?

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you click the "meta" button?
The only way I can click it without having the entire thing freeze in 1.2 is by unchecking auto-update. It says "not connected >:("
Post automatically merged:

Alright @Taishiro seems I managed to find the issue.

Turns out my version of sysbot was HELLA old, which is weird because I vividly remember updating it earlier this year because I was having issues with ACNHPoker. Regardless, it was a version from 2020 so I replaced it with the most recent version and the software is now able to connect.

So sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited by GlakeGG,

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't make it, unfortunately :( because I am not interested in it; but someone else can fork it and code it. 100% possible.
A workaround would be to use 90DNS to not connect to the game online, while still being on your home network so you could use the program.
ah ok! that sounds like a great workaround

FantasyM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse the ignorance, when you talk about the rng seeds of gear, you mean you can manually modify the level and sub abilities of the gear pieces?

DanB06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of adding a way to change the salmon run scale values? Or would that be like changing sea snails?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any chance of adding a way to change the salmon run scale values? Or would that be like changing sea snails?
Nope. Very risky because scales are explicitly tracked on SplatNet (NSO mobile app). You can even see how many you earned in each battle.

I don’t think I’ll add support to editing more stuff than what the program already does.
If however you feel like you’re willing to take the risk, you can use the advanced mode if you know the address of what you want to change.

Estella_McLaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a request.
Is it possible to add a function to use ShiverBot to output a list of gears including currently acquired seeds in the Gear Seed Checker export format (json) at once?

DontSayWaffle13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you launch shiverbot i can not find an exe file anywhere in it someone please help

can someone please tell me how to run shiverbot i can not figure it out. visual studio keeps saying that i need a core but when i install it, it still says i need it

can someone please tell me how to run shiverbot i can not figure it out. visual studio keeps saying that i need a core but when i install it, it still says i need it

Last edited by DontSayWaffle13,

Bro1031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, noob here. So pretty much I just load atmosphere, go to the game and put the IP in and just exit away?

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how do you run shiver bot
You should download the latest version here:

https://github.com/supremetakoyaki/ShiverBot/releases/tag/v1.2

inside the ShiverBot_v1.2_20221013.2 zip file you can find shiverbot.exe

Maybe you pressed the Code > Download zip button?
Those are different files, to edit the program etc

Once you extract the zip file, it should look like this:
shiverbot.png

Hey guys, noob here. So pretty much I just load atmosphere, go to the game and put the IP in and just exit away?
You need sys-botbase-22 too

https://github.com/olliz0r/sys-botbase/releases/tag/v2.2

put it in the atmoshpere contents folder

1) You load atmosphere vanilla on sysmmc, without 90DNS, it is safe as long as you don't have pirated games installed
2) Go to splatoon 3 lobby
3) Put your switch ip in shiverbot and click connect, then edit what you like but it is recommended to do only money ( don't give 99999999999999 to yourself right away ) then chuncks and food tickets

If the chuncks and food tickets you are trying to edit are greyed out is it because you need to already have at least 1 of those, if you don't have em edit your money and keep buying from the vending machine in the lobby until you get some

Also some people mentioned that your switch needs to be set to english for the program to work

For the tableturf edits you need to do them during a tableturf match, those unlike other edits do not need to be online so you can do them offline with 90DNS

Last edited by EvilBakura,

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I disable 90 DNS?
90 DNS isn't something that comes with atmosphere settings, it is something you "install" manually:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

If you never used it then you're good.
If you did, just put DNS on automatic again on your switch connection settings.

This is a special case because shiverbot needs the splatoon 3 lobby, so you have to be online and connected to nintendo servers

But for everything else I personally leave 90 DNS always on whenever I use atmosphere, better safe than sorry :ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol