Hacking Shit, I think I stripped my screws.

bttfpromo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, like everyone else, I know how to remove a screw. I was find until I got to the side with the half cylinders as feet. The two upper screws I cannot remove. I ordered my tri-wing from ModChipStore and it worked (works on other screws) until I got to those.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
I got 1/2 screws out by melting the plastic so it fell through. >_>

applause for brilliance.

My mind was going "What the hell are you doing? This is the stupidiest thing you've ever done, idiot."

there needs to be a sarcasm button on computers...

u clearly are not brilliant, and that's great that you found that out all on your own
biggrin.gif

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can buy screw extractors if it is REALLY stripped badly. Since the head is probably not totally stipped, just try pushing hard while reversing normally, that will most likely work since you stripped it by hand and not by drill. And only do about 1/8th turns at a time while pressing hard. If it is still not moving then it will not work, do not continue to strip it.

bttfpromo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy screw extractors if it is REALLY stripped badly. Since the head is probably not totally stipped, just try pushing hard while reversing normally, that will most likely work since you stripped it by hand and not by drill. And only do about 1/8th turns at a time while pressing hard. If it is still not moving then it will not work, do not continue to strip it.

Can you show me a good screw extraction kit?

Bryan_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hidden-street.net
XP
Country
United States
I just removed the black cover over the Gamecube controller inputs, one triwing screw is stripped and I have no idea what to do.

I've gone to all these "how to remove a stripped screw" sites, none of them really help me. I'm sitting with my Wii in front of me, wishing I knew what to do. :/

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
funny this thread came up, when I was modding the wii I noticed how crappy the screws are that are used on the wii, they are easily stripped if you don't watch yourself when lining up the screwdriver. I think Nintendo did this on purpose to make it a pain to get in and out of the wii. But as long as you line up the phillips/triwing driver and make sure you're pushing straight down when looseing, it shouldn't be a problem.

Bryan_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hidden-street.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm just such an electronics noob, the screw that was stripped was the DVD case, so I just bent it back and that worked, took the DVD reader out...

Watched the CycloWiz installation video, looked at the instructions.. I just can't do it. Those solder points are too small. I made a neat little LED blinker that came with the soldering kit, that was easy.

Probably just gonna send it off to someone.

Funny though, when I put my Wii back together, I noticed I still have 3 screws left. XD They are the ones underneath the black GCN ports cover. Anyway, I put the rest together, plugged it up to see if it still worked and I almost shit myself because I got a disk read error, I can't believe I pulled the biggest newbie mistake by putting the disk in backwards. :/

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... how f'd am I?

I decided to try the torx4 screw method... and got the top screws off with no problem, fit perfect, but my screws from the side panel (the deep hole ones) didnt go so well.... They are now more or less diamond shapes. Anyone with a triwing think that is salvageable? Mine is in the mail, so I'll know soon... I was just curious if anyone with slight stripping lived to tell about it

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
I stripped the faceplate screws. Apparently they are a different size than all of the rest. Any way I can get them out? Can I go to Meijer or Sears and buy an extraction kit?

WII20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to be careful with the screws; the first time I closed up my wii, I accidently put the screw thats behind the battery door in the hole oppoisite it and it got stuck and wouldn't come out. Luckily, it was only the metal case that covers the dvd drive which is easily bendable or breakable ( like i did because it wasnt alligned properly for the other screws to go in.) I also ended up stripping a phllips screw and couldn't take it back off. I was like, what the hell, let me try the triwing screwdriver, and it actually ended up working lol. A bit of advice though, don't attempt to take any triwing with anything BUT a triwing screwdriver.
lecture.gif
You will need it especially for the deep triwing screws. The one from ebay is also good because it reaches that deep AND has a metallic tip to witch the screw stick too.

Bryan_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hidden-street.net
XP
Country
United States
Here I was thinking I was t he only person to bend the dvd cover. I bent it back far enough to get the dvd drive out, but then it wouldn't go back on properly so I had to rip off one of the prongs on the dvd cover..

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God some of you fucktards are so desperate to play pirated games that you just go ahead and mod your shit without a clue. Why not just tie some chum around your waist and jump in the fucking ocean. Same shit, man. Christ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout