Ship of Harkinian - switch port?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
NO you can't upload a NRO of this homebrew because it contains copyrighted material.

That's why you need to compile yourself, because you need to provide a legal obtained original ROM to extract the assets

• Sad
Reactions: mathew77

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The literal .nro file only should actually be fine to share (there's a couple on the discord), as unlike the Mario 64 port, this project was deliberately designed to put the assets from the original game in an external file and keep the executable file clean and legal. You still need to build the data file from the game ROM, and as far as I can tell, currently for the Switch version the tool to do that isn't yet available as a stand-alone separate from the whole project source tree.

Check out the discord for more info anyway, it's linked from the official SOH github repository and there's a channel dedicated to the Switch port.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: mathew77

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
NO you can't upload a NRO of this homebrew because it contains copyrighted material.

That's why you need to compile yourself, because you need to provide a legal obtained original ROM to extract the assets
This makes no sense.

All source ports require you add the ROM/game data.

Quakespasm requires you to add the .pak files
DiabloX requires the game data
Descent requires the game data
Duke Nukems eduke32 requires the games .grp files
GZDoom requires .wad files.
Serious Sam, Open Morrowind, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Cannonball (outrun), the list goes on.
This is standard.

Reactions: Vorde and mathew77

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This makes no sense.

All source ports require you add the ROM/game data.

Quakespasm requires you to add the .pak files
DiabloX requires the game data
Descent requires the game data
Duke Nukems eduke32 requires the games .grp files
GZDoom requires .wad files.
Serious Sam, Open Morrowind, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Cannonball (outrun), the list goes on.
This is standard.
exaclty is for that you can't upload the NRO here on GBATemp or legally share on the net. you can always make a copy for yourself providing your legal ROM :D

Mfreddy222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a document showing how to do all this? I've tried the discord channel but there are just thousands of comments with no reference how to get started. Got the PC port working so hopefully it's not too much harder for Switch.

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a document showing how to do all this? I've tried the discord channel but there are just thousands of comments with no reference how to get started. Got the PC port working so hopefully it's not too much harder for Switch.
Someone already ported To the switch if you check out the progress updates channel

They might be a good resource to reach out too

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
no yet, the switch port is WIP so you need to read the entire discord chanell to try to make sense on it, or wait to a github fork is make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-