ROM Hack ShinyGold info?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been playing ShinyGold for a few hours now, and now I'm in Kanto. I have some questions about the game:

- When I was in Johto, the Fly move was really weird. I could only fly to Radio Tower in Golden Rod or too Ecruteak City. No where else.
In Kanto though, I can fly to wherever I want to.

- Are there any bugs in this game?

- What do I have to do with the GS Ball?

- In this version, the Trainer Tower isn't finished yet. Is there a version where it does work?

Tnx

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
About the bugs: there are quite some. I played Shiny Gold for a while, but there was some bug that made it freeze for some reason... I can't remember the details.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Its still a rom hack IN PROGRESS, that means that you should wait until the final version before you should expect everything to be finished. awesome rom hack though
as you can see
|
|
\ /

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah too bad the rom hack isn't finished yet....

Any idea what I have to do with the GS Ball? And why the fuck did I get a Pokemon with Whirlpool, and not the HM with Whirlpool? It makes no sense at all...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably wrong about this, but A) the use for the GS Ball hasn't been implemented yet, and B) I think it was because he had some troubles implementing another HM, or he was just too lazy.

Alternatively, you can check the official info thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537

Off-topic, I somehow just found a new Fire Emblem hack on that board, and I do believe I happen to recognize the name of the guy working on it.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GS ball is said to have something to do with catching celebi at the shrine of the forest protector.
i know, busted myth from the original g/s/c generation.
but should be real this time.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Take the GS Ball to Kurt in Azalea Town; it launches the Celebi event; I know this as I recently captured Celebi on beta 5.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MahouMaster said:
Take the GS Ball to Kurt in Azalea Town; it launches the Celebi event; I know this as I recently captured Celebi on beta 5.

KK tnx
smile.gif

Gonna try that soon. Hopefully it works. Celebi is prolly a kick-ass Pokémon, and needing that kinda Pokémon
smile.gif

EDIT: How do I give the ball to Kurt? Because he doesn't mention it, he just says his regular text.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, maybe my memory's foggy; try taking it to the shrine in Ilex Forest.

EDIT: Have you gone to Cerulean yet? If so, go back to New Bark Town and talk to Elm, THEN go to Kurt, after you give him the ball, walk around town a bit and then go back to Kurt, after he gives you the ball, go to the shrine in Ilex.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
When you step into Cerulean you'll get a call from Elm about the ball, telling you to go see him.

thedicemaster said:
GS ball is said to have something to do with catching celebi at the shrine of the forest protector.
i know, busted myth from the original g/s/c generation.
but should be real this time.

Actually, the GS Ball event actually occured in Crystal; if you used the mobile adapter (Japan only) with your Japanese Crystal (must be Japanese as the Pokemon Communication Centre in Goldenrod was changed to a Pokemon Centre in all other versions) and collected the 16 badges, you would recieve a GS Ball and leave it with Kurt for a day, after the day passes, you place the ball in the shrine in Ilex and a level 30 Celebi will appear. Unfortunately, in all other versions of Crystal, this event is only possible via hacking; the mobile adapter was never released outside of Japan as at the time, mobiles were not used as much as they were in Japan and in Japan most plugs were the same (untrue elsewhere); as such, the Pokemon Communication Centre was removed in all other versions as it was useless. If you don't believe me, check Serebii of Bulbapedia.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I catched Celebi now, but what a rip-off... The Pokemon sucks
frown.gif

All my Pokemon are at lvl 50 +, Celebi is at freaking lvl 30. And his attacks suck. And the TM's he can use suck too.
So not much chance I'll train him
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, too bad I ain't trying to complete it
smile.gif

What can I do now? Because I Cerulaen, Misty is gone, and not at her regular spot above Cerulaen city. I can't go fix the Power Plant, because of a rock of Zel.
I can't go to Lavender or Celadon, because of a rock of Zel.
I can't go anywhere
tongue.gif

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Yeah, too bad I ain't trying to complete it
smile.gif

What can I do now? Because I Cerulaen, Misty is gone, and not at her regular spot above Cerulaen city. I can't go fix the Power Plant, because of a rock of Zel.
I can't go to Lavender or Celadon, because of a rock of Zel.
I can't go anywhere
tongue.gif

I'm guessing you've got B5? If so, go to Fuschia and into the Safari Zone. Something MAJOR will happen and then... well, you'll need to wait 'til B6.
By the way, the Celebi is exactly as it was in Crystal; the only difference is the moves learned (out of Zel's control; this is what happened in the Advanced Generation; level-up moves and TMs changed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?