Shifty

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jaxxster, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009

Shifty by jaxxster at 1:06 AM (682 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Wow, so finally got round to watching this film...Amazing!

It's nice to know that still with a limited budget and no cgi effects that a film can still be made to a great standard. Anyone else seen this masterpiece?

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Not seen this one yet but really want to. It's the one about the crack dealer ain't it?

3. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Yeah, as a british person aswell you' be able to understand it. Theres no violence in it really, its just a well scripted film about the day of an average british drug dealer.

Btw the blu ray rip of the film hit the scene this weekend. I just wish i had disposable income to buy the film as the director used only a budget of 10,000 to make the film

4. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    Hadn't even noticed that it had hit the scene. Damnit. I'm just grabbing it now. Will probably order it at some point soon as well. I've known a few crack dealers in my time, not really a career option I'd recommend to anybody. This is supposed to be a pretty realistic portrayal of the kind of life as well, totally lacking in sensationalism and from what I've heard it doesn't try and put a "cool" or "evil" opinion across, it just shows it as it is.

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I'll watch it, sounds good to me.

6. TrolleyDave

United Kingdom
    Just finished watching it, full marks from me! Brilliantly scripted, brilliantly acted, and pretty realistic as well. It's only one end of the crack dealer spectrum but it's the one you can most sympathise with. He's the guy that starts out with light weed dealing in college and ends up moving up the ladder not because he wants to be criminal but because it's the only way he can earn good money.

The lead characters are fantastic and very realistic characters. The junkies are also really well portrayed, as are the rest of the characters. One of the best films I've seen this year, British or otherwise. Highly recommended and thanks Jaxx for tipping me off about the scene release in your post. Will probably be buying it next week when I've got a bit of dosh.