Shantae 5 opening animation, featuring Studio Trigger

A new Shantae game is on the way, having been previously announced in March of this year. In order to build hype and tease Shantae 5, which is due out later in 2019, developer Wayforward collaborated with animation studio Trigger, in order to create a short opening animation for the game. Studio Trigger is known for having animated popular anime such as Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia, and their trademark artstyle can clearly be seen in the 30-second video. The animation is also accompanied by a vocal track, sung by Shantae's voice actress, Cristina Vee. We've yet to see any gameplay, but Wayforward has set up a good track record when it comes to the series, with previous entries Half-Genie Hero and Pirate's Curse. Shantae 5 will release on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Apple Arcade, in 2019.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you freeze almost any part of that video, it looks like terribly cheap animu.
Not very good animation and it's too madcap to make any sense.

I'm sure the game will be awesome though.
That's basically Triggers M.O. (was born out of necessity since they always operate on a tight budget, and makes A LOT of sense once you remember they're made up of the people that made Evangelion, which overshot it's budget massively.)

Rely on simple animation and quick camera movement for the visuals. And I love it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought