Hacking Several Question

z0rks1972

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have some questions about BootMii, Disc- and USB-Loaders. Most of the FAQs here are from the Pre-BannerBomb time and a very confusing to me.

I've a Wii with SystemMenu 3.3E. So far, I've installed the HomebrewChannel and DVDX from the BootMii-Installer-Package with BannerBomb. My Wii is to new, so I only could install BootMii as IOS (but I didn't).

If a want to use a Disc-Loader (NeoGamma or something like that), do I only have to install the cIOS first (the preferred is 36v10?) or do I have to downgrade to SystemMenu 3.2 (like some FAQs said)? If I do not downgrade, is it possible for me to play my fakesigned GuitarHero3-Customs with a Disc-Loader? Do I need anything else installed for a Disc-Loader as channel? Are there any differences for USB-Loaders?
Is there any application (like Gecko) to install missing WADs (e.g. for PunchOut!!) for Disc-Loader users, or do I habe to install them manually?

Can I install WW and VC-WADs with 3.3?

Thanks
z0rks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
z0rks1972

Hi,

I have some questions about BootMii, Disc- and USB-Loaders. Most of the FAQs here are from the Pre-BannerBomb time and a very confusing to me.

I've a Wii with SystemMenu 3.3E. So far, I've installed the HomebrewChannel and DVDX from the BootMii-Installer-Package with BannerBomb. My Wii is to new, so I only could install BootMii as IOS (but I didn't).

If a want to use a Disc-Loader (NeoGamma or something like that), do I only have to install the cIOS first (the preferred is 36v10?)

Yes you only need to install a cIOS and yes the r10 is the best so far

or do I have to downgrade to SystemMenu 3.2 (like some FAQs said)?
It would be better because you could install Preloader, wich can help you with brick (low level)

If I do not downgrade, is it possible for me to play my fakesigned GuitarHero3-Customs with a Disc-Loader?
Yes only with cIOS based launchers, NeoGamma and/or USB

Do I need anything else installed for a Disc-Loader as channel?
Just the cIOS to make tha app work

Are there any differences for USB-Loaders?
Well.....yes they are all different, I like the configurable by oggzee and the coverfloader by beardface

Is there any application (like Gecko) to install missing WADs (e.g. for PunchOut!!) for Disc-Loader users, or do I have to install them manually?
Well if you install IOS38-53-55 manually right now, you might not be needing any IOS for a while, but if you are using Gamma or USB loaders, you don't need to install any IOS at all, cause the loaders only use IOS249 to read (the cIOS)

Can I install WW and VC-WADs with 3.3?
Yes, as long as you have a cIOS installed

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night