Homebrew Settings Editor GUI

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice. :)

I sent you a lenghty message about it, JoostinOnline. For the other testers on emulated nand (if there are any): System editor GUI (seems to) attempt to run postloader channel when exiting. If that channel blackscreens for you, so will postloader (took me a while to figure that out :P ).

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice i tested it out...
a little request, can you make an option where we can reset the parental control password?
this will help me a lot on my customers when they want me to reset their parental control pass. cause they forgot their password.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
nice i tested it out...
a little request, can you make an option where we can reset the parental control password?
this will help me a lot on my customers when they want me to reset their parental control pass. cause they forgot their password.
Thanks for testing. :)

I'll look into adding the password reset. However, Multi-Mod Manager, Wii Mod, and BLIND all have the ability to detect your password, so you can just use that if you want.

Btw, since all reports so far suggest there are no problems, I'll be making an official release soon, probably within the next 24 hours.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice i tested it out...

Direct them to this site: http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.wsgi (or use it for them, whatever).

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I just released Settings Editor GUI v1.0! :D

Could a mod please change the thread title to "Settings Editor GUI" and remove the "Testers needed" description?

Any chance of some screenshots?
Maybe. I don't know yet. For now you will just have to settle with using the app, lol.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, I just released Settings Editor GUI v1.0! :D

Could a mod please change the thread title to "Settings Editor GUI" and remove the "Testers needed" description?

Any chance of some screenshots?
Maybe. I don't know yet. For now you will just have to settle with using the app, lol.

Cause I'm a top bloke, here's a screenshot for you:

gallery_171891_178_103480.png

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this have the ability yet to add values into the sysconf or only edit the ones that are already there? i dont think ive seen any howebrew yet that adds new entries into the file when they are needed.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
does this have the ability yet to add values into the sysconf or only edit the ones that are already there? i dont think ive seen any howebrew yet that adds new entries into the file when they are needed.
No. You have to have set the option at least once in settings before you can access it through this app. I looked into it for awhile, but decided not to bother. I'm pretty sure SYSCONF could get corrupted if I mess up, so I don't think it's worth the risk.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Settings Editor GUI v1.1 is almost ready for release. I've already sent PM's to Wever, Category, hvckz, and mauifrog since they offered to test it before, but I'm always happy for more testers.

It has 3 major changes:
1) It displays properly in 576i
2) You can now CHANGE to 576i
3) You can turn WiiConnect24 on and off

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I consider myself to be friends with just about everyone in this debate so I'm not going to take sides. I've said it before and I'll say it again... we're ALL on the same team in this community (or at least we should be). I have no doubt that Joostin will release the source in a few days like he said he would.

@Joostin, if this debate continues to escalate I suggest you take your project down for a couple days until you can make the source available. I took ModMii down (at the time it was known as NUSAD) for half a week in June 2010, so I know it can be painful to have to close a project even if it's only temporary. But you messed up by not backing up the source of v1... it would be awesome if everyone could be patient and give u the couple days u need to get the next update (and source) finalized... but we can't count on the kindness of strangers.

I'm not taking sides here... but I'd love to see this community collaborate instead of bump heads constantly. I think we're all capable of being reasonable here, so lets prove it shall we? On a side note, I'm being considered to be promoted to a mod here on the 'temp and when/if that happens I intend to try to work out issues like this without using any moderator privileges (unless absolutely necessary) because I believe that the community will benefit more from listening to reason and learning lessons rather than being punished. I hope that since I'm friends with almost everyone in this forum it will help me moderate problems using my words instead of removing posts or banning people.

@tueidj, I've seen a change in your behaviour over the past few weeks and I'm luvin' it. Please don't let this hiccup discourage you from continuing to play nice so to speak. I think both sides could have handled this better, but I don't think any 1 person can be blamed for this argument. But yea, next time something like this comes up I think it would reflect better on you if you just reported the problem to a mod instead of trying to solve the problem all by yourself... just something to consider.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not taking sides here... but I'd love to see this community collaborate instead of bump heads constantly. I think we're all capable of being reasonable here, so lets prove it shall we?
Then we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya around the camp fire. :rolleyes:

Lol, j/k. On a serious note, I would really like it if this conversation could end. I made a mistake. I never tried to hide anything. I'll release the source as soon as this is well tested (I still need volunteers, it will only take a few minutes), just like I planned to from the beginning. I finished v1.1 last week, but only a couple of people have gotten back to me. I can't release the source for v1.0 because I didn't think it was necessary to keep it.

PS: Congrats, hope you get the position. I know this is a big win for you and Canada. ;)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for the mass-trashing guys, but I had to clean up the thread a little, especially as this is the official thread for this project.

I hope that the matter can be considered settled now, so that there's no need anymore for the exchange of posts between Joosting and tueidj.

Well, you can continue the discussion now ;)

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the mass-trashing guys, but I had to clean up the thread a little, especially as this is the official thread for this project.

I hope that the matter can be considered settled now, so that there's no need anymore for the exchange of posts between Joosting and tueidj.

Well, you can continue the discussion now ;)
Thank you, but ROFL! Is there anyway to just remove the posts completely? There is like an entire page of "Post Deleted By a Moderator". It would make it a lot cleaner.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak: No need to insinuate things. I never demanded to see the source code, nor said it should be taken down. I simply wanted acknowledgement from Joostin that he used someone else's source code to do the heavy lifting. This has now been resolved.
The last time I reported a GPL violation to a mod he removed the link for the project, the author cracked the sads and quit developing it (for which I continue to be blamed), and I still got a lecture about "not handling it correctly." With this case considering the hard time I had convincing the author himself that the app was in violation, how would I have convinced a mod? Or avoided being called a coward for not addressing the issue publicly and hiding behind authority figures, like the PMs I got from when modmii was taken down?

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
(I still need volunteers, it will only take a few minutes),
I'll give her a good, thorough testing tonight (erm...that's about 14 hours from now) and pm you with the findings afterwards. Hopefully others can do the same. :)
Thanks. There is a new beta (two since we last talked) in the folder I linked to. Here is a list of changes so far:
  • It displays properly in 576i
  • You can now CHANGE to 576i
  • You can turn WiiConnect24 on and off
  • Booting into Internet Settings is an option
  • Cut down loading speed by 50%
  • Changes Saved message only lasts 1 second instead of 2
  • Got rid of the text at the bottom since the title and credits are in the meta.xml file
  • Compiled with libogc v1.8.6 (older) so the Internet Settings option would work.
For some reason WII_ReturnToSettingsPage(SETTINGS_INTERNET) wouldn't work with newer versions of libogc. The same was true no matter what page I entered. Instead of loading internet settings, it just took you to the health screen. Using WII_ReturnToSettings() sent you to data management.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1