Homebrew Setting up Triiforce...

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, since I have a FAT 32 HD, i thought it would be cool to try Triiforce.
What are the most logical steps to set this up?

What cios can be used for emu NAND?
Is CIOSx rev 21 compatible?
Best way to install the wads.
Where can I get a compiled version?

All help is appreciated as always.

niishou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cIOS rev17 is the recommended one, but rev21 (with any base, I think) should work.

Best way to install WADs is using ShowMiiWADs (by Leathl).

Don't know how to setup for a HDD, i've always used a USB Flash Drive, until I started using UNEEK. And by the way, TriiForce has a lot of compatibility problems, and you can't play online, because of the cIOS. With SNEEK/UNEEK you get full compatibility and online play-mode.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...first off, you need a dumped nand. You can use bootmii to create one and extract it with showmiiwads (I think). In any case, you should get a bunch of folders (import, meta, shared1, shared2, temp, title, ticket, sys). Move these over to the root of your USB device. Then use showmiiwads to install the wads to that emulated nand (change the nand backup path to the root of that USB device).

As for triiforce...I actually recommend using triiforce_mrc. It's supposed to be just a graphical front-end, but especially with rev21, I find it to be more stable (could be just my setup). If you insist on using triiforce itself, here's a link (the forwarder also contains a compiled version).

Perhaps the new cIOS will stir up some updates for triiforce*, but thus far it only uses the cIOS in slot 249. As for which version to use...I'm still testing out some base IOS'es for rev21, but to play it safe, I'd stick with rev17.

Still...I have to agree with niishou. The games that work work...but if you want full compatibillity, sneek is the way to go. And uloader may just have slightly better compatibility (and is IMO easier to setup).

*I doubt Marc Max will continue working on triiforce mrc...last I heard, he's busy with mighty channels.

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
zizer said:
if you can use wad2iso triiforce and other no need

hi,zizer.
i'm a beginner for wii,and can you explain detailedly how to use wad2iso triiforce ? just like the Wever did, tell me the first step..the second...and tell me which tools will be used at each step.
i think the first step : dump nand.but i don't know which tool can dump the nand? the second step is triiforce?.....
thank you very very much!
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

ps: i have researched tristar's post...but i can't understand
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: