Hacking Question Setting up emuNand and system help

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have checked the forum but I seemed not to be able to find a guide or tutorial that show me how to do it. So I would you guys could help out a poor guy like me if possible.

I have a brand new first generation switch (not ipatched), which is still on 4.10 or 4.01 (don't remember).

I would like to create an emuNand, and update it to the latest firmware and use it for homebrews or other stuff (u know what I mean) but keep it offline. Then I would like to create another emuNand for everything legal and play it online if possible. And I would like to keep my system Nand on the original firmware.

the first problem I am going face is the fact that we could only use exFAT when we are on firmware higher than 4.10 and since a lot of things are bigger than 2 to 4Gb, which cannot be put on the microSD card with FAT32 format.

I hope you guys could help me with the emuNand setup as well as the exFAT problem. Thanks.

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, you need to pick an exploit. Do you want to use fusee-gelee, or do you want to use Deja Vu? I suggest following this guide for picking an exploit first.
https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/choosinganexploit

Also, is there a reason you want to keep your sysNAND on 4.x?

I also have the SX PRO. the reason why I want to keep my original firmware is because when there are cold boot exploit available, I could use that for my original firmware. But none of the guide seems to show me how to do it, not even the guy you posted or suggested.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have the SX PRO. the reason why I want to keep my original firmware is because when there are cold boot exploit available, I could use that for my original firmware. But none of the guide seems to show me how to do it, not even the guy you posted or suggested.
4.x is highly unlikely to receive an untethered coldboot exploit. The best it's going to get is the already-released warmboot browser exploit.

If you want to setup an emuNAND, follow this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

I don't recommend using an emuNAND unless you want to use online play.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water