Suggestion Setting up a exploit bounty for patched switches

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by NicolaiVdS, Jun 17, 2019.

1. NicolaiVdS
    OP

NicolaiVdS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2016
    Belgium
    Aalst
    Since there is little to no public news related to running homebrew/cfw on patched switches i wanna setup a bounty to get patched switches exploited.

So the offering is to the first dev/team that can successfully expoit an patched switch and run homebrew and/or run cfw on it i will reward them 50$

the payment will be done via paypal, also any one that is willing to chip in be my guest

atoxique and Rizzorules like this.
  2. Crusard

Crusard GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2015
    Nice try Xecuter

3. NicolaiVdS
    OP

NicolaiVdS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2016
    Belgium
    Aalst
    KEK not Xecuter just a guy that love homebrew and wanna say thanks to the devs thats all

4. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    should ask the mods about this because there were few bounties for apps/emulators

5. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    50$? Wow, how nice

(People actually pay thousands of dollars for exploit like the one you asking)

I know your intentions are good, but you will get flamed for this bounty.

6. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    There won't be any new public exploits until the new Switch models are released.

7. NicolaiVdS
    OP

NicolaiVdS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2016
    Belgium
    Aalst
    All the needed exploits are already public they just need to be implemented

8. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    A vulnerability with such a high severity may give you 20k even from Nintendo. You will probably get even more in other bounties targeting devices using the same SoC. Your $50 is joke.

9. LucaFraga

LucaFraga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2009
    Italy
    Setting up a bounty is a good idea (if the mods are ok with it)! Ignore the people that are trying to let you down: they are just frustrated folks with nothing better to do.
    That being said 50$ is a bit low, but if people want to help and pledge some money for the cause we might get somewhere!

MasterJ360, Dartz150 and KlariNoX like this.
  10. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    It starts at 50. If other people join, the value can only increase.
    Good effort by the OP.

Mcall, Nononoki, yusuo and 2 others like this.
  11. leafeon34
    This message by leafeon34 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  12. PRAGMA

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    Close this thread, its just gonna be petty war

pandavova likes this.
  13. NBlack

NBlack Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    Spain
    +1...

Its an abuse for developers/teams...

Undwiz and KlariNoX like this.
  14. LucaFraga
    This message by LucaFraga has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  15. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  16. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I already have exploit for new devices and I am willing to unpatch new devices.
    Unpatching takes time so send me all the devices that needs unpatching in order for me to fix them all in one go.
    Send all the new (unboxed) Switches to me and I will unpatch them and send them back.

No charge, free service for GbaTemp users!

Last edited by lolboy, Jun 17, 2019
    Zidapi, Mcall and pandavova like this.
  17. AceX
    This message by AceX has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  18. Hayato213
    This message by Hayato213 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  19. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  20. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    sure, please post your full real name, address, bank account and password too here in this thread.

Refriger8tor likes this.
  21. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm afraid Nintendo is willing to pay 100 times that amount, at the very least.

22. AceX

AceX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    United Kingdom
    People keep saying that but what's to stop someone taking the money and releasing it anyway?
    Genuine question.

23. MasterJ360
    This message by MasterJ360 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  24. LucaFraga

LucaFraga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2009
    Italy
    If you "sell" an exploit to a company, they make you sign an NDA before even considering giving you money. You could release it but you'd face legal trouble

AceX likes this.
  25. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Posting my address will put all those Switches at risk.

26. sandog
    This message by sandog has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 17, 2019
  27. Mcall

Mcall Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    United States
    Unless theirs a bounty organized by a trusted person, it would just be best to donate to the devs when the exploit comes out. 50$ probably wont make anything go faster when their already doing the best they can and juggling this with their other parts of their lives.

I think a bug bounty pool can be beneficial but you have to have someone higher up in the community that can be trusted to do it.

Zidapi and leafeon34 like this.
  28. leafeon34
    This message by leafeon34 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 18, 2019, Reason: Bickering, attacks, and replies to them.
    Jun 18, 2019
  29. Dysproh

Dysproh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    sounds like a load of bull to me. as far as I know, there is no way to unpatch an ipatched switch, since its a hardware problem.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted