Setting SD speed does nothing?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by gamadaya, May 4, 2009.

May 4, 2009
  1. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    I'm starting to think that manually setting SD card speed isn't working. The only game it seems to have an effect on is GTA Chinatown Wars. If I set the value to anything past 27, the game won't even load. But with Order of Ecclesia, the value seems completely irrelevant. I can set it up to the max of 32, and it seems no different than when it is set to the min of 1. And when I go back to the Supercard menu, the speed is back at 22, the automatically determined speed. Is this normal?

2. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You have to use 'save menu option' after setting the speed. it's in the 'other' section on the top menu.

3. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    I see. That lets me keep the settings, but it still doesn't look like speed affects anything other than GTA.

4. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Manual speed setting only applies when a game is set to run without the 'speed patch', and works best with all patches disabled.

Otherwise known as clean mode.

5. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    So that explains why it's only affecting GTA. I did find some settings in global.ini that seem to affect speed. SCSDSpeed and SCSDSpeedValue. I'm guessing the second one is the default setting used when speed patch is enabled. I have no idea what the first one would be though.