Setting a higher volume output in the Gamepad?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OriginalHamster, Nov 22, 2016.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    In Retroarch options you can adjust the sound output level of the gamepad, it's really baffling why Nintendo decided cap the max level so much (I wonder it's because children would be exposed to high volume levels when using hearphone) really is day and night. I wonder if an .elf would do that.

2. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    That's my guess as well. Kids are pretty dumb when it comes to listening to sounds at sufficient levels. They don't care if it hurts, just so long as it's louder than the rest of the world.

I haven't heard more than the normal max. Does the quality not drop off past those nintendo restricted levels?

OriginalHamster likes this.
  3. Antonio Ricardo

Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Yeah, i boght an amplifier just because this.
    Maybe a custom audio from gamepad using IOSUHAX.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo, Nov 22, 2016
  4. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Maybe some sort of hardware mod could be done. I know it exists for 3ds and DS, maybe even GBA.

OriginalHamster likes this.
  5. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hardware mod is no needed, would be enough to just put the overall sound output at higher volume, it's how it works in Retroarch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I didn't detect any distortion, and believe me, I'm pretty sensitive audio wise. When using hearphones the gamepad default volume is definitevely low, compared to my old smartphone, my hearphones can handle higher volume, about the 1/3 more than the gamepad

osaka35 likes this.
  6. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I must have some really sensitive ears then, because the GamePad's default highest volume is blaring in my opinion.