Set Up and Review of Amazekard

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why i got SUSPENDED For saying this before,

But i really don't mind saying it again. I'm certain i am breaking NO forum rules by typing this.

"Since when are R4 clones considered to be front page news?"

I examined the firmware at an in-depth level. Whats so special about it? Unless the card is like 2 USD or somthing, It's the same as my TTDS or any similar card.

putting this card asside, i was SUSPENDED for typing this? Was i suspended for typing my opinion into a forum? If you dont want opinions on this kind of post, LOCK IT!

I am doing NO insulting, when i'm speaking the truth. This card is a clone. It is. I'm not insulting it, or anything.

Sheesh. Depressing.
glare.gif

LifeGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Amazekard is sending me one of these to review. Wonder if it'll support Wood firmware, since it's basically an R4 clone.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LifeGod said:
Team Amazekard is sending me one of these to review. Wonder if it'll support Wood firmware, since it's basically an R4 clone.

lol...my guess is NO

I don't understand the hype about this cheap clone....it's garbage

Marsou77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OMG It's exactly the same "Loading" than the Acekard and the text display is the same than a R4...
mad.gif

Amazekard ? Amazearnak !

tehnoobshow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoMee said:
LifeGod said:

lol...my guess is NO

Most sensible thing i have heard all day.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tehnoobshow said:
RoMee said:
LifeGod said:

lol...my guess is NO

Most sensible thing i have heard all day.

It is a pretty good review, but honestly this cart is way too close to any clone. I'm sorry if this seems "irrelevant" but in my opinion this just seems like another clone made by another clone team who will drop support when there is a new 3DS update available. The hype being created from this thread astounds me because if you want a 3DS cart that's compatible, at least get one that will get frequent updates, like the Cyclo DSi or Acekard, even the R4i that was first confirmed working.

This is just my opinion and I'm sorry if it's irrelevant, but to me, this seems like another cheap card that will drop support in the near future.

Overall it was a pretty good review, I know I don't do video reviews, but shouldn't you usually have just a general guideline/script just to reference off of as you go along? Or do you do that already?

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll keep it at wait and see what the future brings to this card for now it's just a cheap clone but if they bring out patches often and also bring new features to the card like ez-flash does it may even become a great card.

mrp73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the biggest question is whether the bootstrap can be updated? If not then it's dead in the water.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrp73 said:
I guess the biggest question is whether the bootstrap can be updated? If not then it's dead in the water.

can you even trust a clone team with something like that?

clone teams almost never support their own cart

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
mrp73 said:

can you even trust a clone team with something like that?

clone teams almost never support their own cart

It's true, if this firmware is a mix of everything, I have a feeling the firmware will stop being produced, and I highly doubt the bootstrap can be updated, if it can be, someone can slap me.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
this cart firmware use wood sources with license violation. i think this is one of the reason that wood became closed source.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the name's cool but other than that, it's just another one to throw on heap.
And eventhough there are R4 cards that have Wood support, I'd still rather buy an Acekard.
The only new team that came out with half a decent cart recently was the iSmart team.
And who needs new teams or carts when the carts that are out now will do the trick and keep doing the trick in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...