Set Up and Review of Amazekard

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by haddad, Mar 17, 2011.

Mar 17, 2011

Set Up and Review of Amazekard by haddad at 1:46 PM (6,826 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. haddad
    OP

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The little R in the corner originally was used to enable and disable soft-reset if I remember correctly
    The card doesn't look terrible, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being that groundbreaking this late in the DS life span

3. aznmonkey23

Banned aznmonkey23 Banned

United States
    You certainly will win a point for going out and reviewing like this. I tip my hat you you sir.

There's something I don't understand about all of this though. Someone on staff, please provide me with insight into this. GBAtemp is pretty strict with advertising, no? Wouldn't this TECHNICALLY amount to the same thing? Many other users that browse here are thinking that this kind of travels on the thin thread of "attention grabbing." What surprises me is that I was certainly restricted from holding free little raffles for the community. I'm a nice guy, and I love to do things for the community. Apparently, it fell into the advertising category. For giving out free stuff? Really now? I thought anyone that supports GBAtemp would be welcome in this place. Guess not. [​IMG] I've been doing raffles for a while now, and I never had problems until now. Is it because I don't have a special name tag? What the hell am I lacking? For supporting "that site?" Why do things like this, which people think is advertising a YouTube page, get supported so heartily, while giving out gifts to the place I love is restricted? Please don't delete this post, just give me some insight. Or, tell me in a PM! PM me and then do whatever you want to this post! No, I'm not jealous or butthurt over this! I applaud what he's doing. I certainly am nervous in front of a camera! [​IMG] Just tell me. Why does this get special privilege and is not advertising? Its a clone for god's sake! [​IMG]

4. haddad
    OP

Canada
    Cool thanks for the tip, ya I agree with u for this card being "terrible" [​IMG]

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Other people (yes, normal users) hold raffles and contests without incident, so there's something about your story you're not telling us, and I'm not liking it.

6. aznmonkey23

Banned aznmonkey23 Banned

United States
    I'll drop one word. DSDatabase. If you know this term, you can surely piece together the rest. That's all that I know and all that I am physically aware of. I dunno what else I'm missing, honestly but that's what I've been feeling.

While we should learn about clone experiences, do all these front pages seem necessary? For instance, the iPlayer post. No one really uses that thing as much anymore. I've seen that video pop up many many times, yet it's the World's First Yaddy Yah. It makes no sense. That's one thing that really irks me. Sure, I've had issues with haddad in the past, but it's not getting in the way here, don't you worry! [​IMG] I just want more insight as to whats happening.

If you guys want rid of me, block my IP from registering. The very nature of this site keeps dragging me back [​IMG]

7. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Right after an IP check I see that you are a Ryukouki alternate account.

So not only did we allow you to promote your previous bullshit raffle to its full extent, you felt the need to make this alternate in order to promote it further? And you have the cheek to come here in this thread and bitch about how we didn't let you hold it when we did?

On top of that you requested a suspension two days ago, for personal reasons, with a bullshit sob story and said you would never be back here.

And here you are again, trolling Haddad, again, someone who you are obviously jealous of.

Frankly put, GTFO YOU CHILD.

8. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    there is interesting string inside firmware:
    Code:
    d:/Work/NDS/NDS_Work/Firmware/woodrpg-r68-GEi-R4UI/akmenu4/arm9/source/mainlist.cpp
    also many other "wood"-strings inside.
    local.fon is a renamed tahoma.pcf. very "nice".

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Well it looks like it handles better then most clones out there, but it also might just be because it appears to have "borrowed" code from other firmwares.

10. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    so how did you actually manage to attain a sample b4 the shipment, cuz you were really fast in making a review. Seems like the clone menu is a mix mix. BTW, i saw KH on ur sd card, i guess its re-coded, did you test it?

11. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How is the game compatibility on this card? What about the homebrew compatibility?

12. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    The flashcard team sends it to him so he can review it, if I got that right.

13. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    I would assume that he needs to contact them, or backwards.

14. haddad
    OP

Canada
    Correct, and yes KH did work

15. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    nice review haddad
    but it's still just a cheap clone.

16. tehnoobshow

Member tehnoobshow GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Review is good...........shame about it being a less than mediocre clone!!!!

17. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    it isn't that bad clone after all
    but i`m stil gonne use my Acekard 2i [​IMG]

18. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Awesome man Thanks!

19. tehnoobshow

Member tehnoobshow GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You mean isn't.

20. haddad
    OP

Canada
    Added link to Amazekard Homebrew Compatibility, will update as I test more homebrew [​IMG]