Series2See recommends what to see

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I recently found out about a new website that enables you to set up your own viewer profile and use that to suggest what series you might like to see. You might have seen it in my signature: Series2See

On the homepage you can also quickly combine up to 5 series you enjoyed and see what suggestions the system comes up with, without having to register. If you do create an account, you can start rating series you have seen and your viewer profile will be built. Soon enough you'll get suggestions (at the bottom of your profile page). Also, you can see what users have a similar taste and go see what series they liked and you haven't seen yet.
The database of the site is pretty good, and if you look for a series that isn't in the list yet, it will be automatically added. Just attribute the right genres to the series, and everything should work perfectly. The genres are the most important feature (every user can add or edit the percentage of how applicable a specific genre is for the series) as they form a "series profile" that is used to link to similar series.

It works perfectly IMHO, I typed in Band of Brothers and The Shield (trust is the common genre here, loyalty), and it gave me Prison Break and The Pacific. Pretty spot on.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks, I was looking for a service like that.

EDIT: made a profile with same user name
Hope the database will get larger in the future and I wish there wasn't any anime on that.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pitman said:
Thanks, I was looking for a service like that.

EDIT: made a profile with same user name
Hope the database will get larger in the future and I wish there wasn't any anime on that.

I think the database expands on basis of what the people search. If you search a series, you'll find it, even if it hasn't been searched before.

Why no anime? Don't you like it? Based on your sig you do
rolleyes.gif

And like I said, if people search Death Note on it, then Death Note enters the system, and it's on there.
Search a less know Anime, like Asobi ni Iku yo! and it will be added in the system too.

Oh look, I just looked it up, and turns out I'm right. This is what the FAQ says:

QUOTE said:
The database is filled based on what users have looked for. So if a series seems to be missing (and it isn't reality), type (a part of) the name in the search box at the top of the page. If a result is found, it will be automatically added to Series2See. Isn't that great?

alidsl said:
Nice site, signing up now

also you need to change your avatar and title

Done
moogle.gif

QUOTE(B-Blue @ Jul 17 2010, 07:07 PM)
Nice! (My profile)

We're 46% similar!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It recommended 24 for me, and boy was it right!
Loving it, completed the first season in about a week, gonna start on season 2 soon!
What's the best season in 24 according to you guys?

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it works rather well actually.... been using it for a few months now, it's not a site I visit daily or so, but whenever i'm in need of a series to watch, it's very very handy

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't work for anime, lol I'm sure it's more for western TV shows, but yeah. Of a pretty extensive list of fantastic anime it only knew Clannad, and it recomended Chobits (I forgot to put that on my list so it was the only good suggestion), DBZ, Naruto, Bleach and some other lame ass mainstream crapfests.

Also The Sopranos.
Um. Not sure where THAT suggestion came from.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doesn't work for anime, lol I'm sure it's more for western TV shows, but yeah. Of a pretty extensive list of fantastic anime it only knew Clannad, and it recomended Chobits (I forgot to put that on my list so it was the only good suggestion), DBZ, Naruto, Bleach and some other lame ass mainstream crapfests.

Also The Sopranos.
Um. Not sure where THAT suggestion came from.
It's indeed more aimed at Western series. If more Anime users would be on the site, they would bring more Anime in the system, thus you would get more and better suggestions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1