Sequel to Street Fighter IV "Confirmed"

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Capcom's Japanese Q&A blog, a sequel to Street Fighter IV has been 'practically confirmed' reports OXM Online.
QUOTE said:
A sequel to Street Fighter IV has been 'practically confirmed', according to Capcom's Japanese Q&A blog.

This isn't surprising news as Capcom tends to release new versions of Street Fighter as they continually refine the engine and add new characters and touches. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, for example, followed Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact and Street Fighter III: New Generation.

News Source: OXM

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
because the wii doesnt have the graphical capabilities for that street fighter, not to mention all the upgrades it would get. But that is a good question, does the wii have any good fighting games other than TvC?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
because the wii doesnt have the graphical capabilities for that street fighter, not to mention all the upgrades it would get. But that is a good question, does the wii have any good fighting games other than TvC?
Capcom have said it may happen. they even reckon they can do it for any console. I don't see graphics getting in the way at all I see the core controls getting in the way.

This is a fighting game to play on a pad or arcade stick. Sure you can play it on the Classic Controller (which I'm not fond of) or even the Gamecube Controller (not fond of the d-pad) and sure you could even buy a Hori arcade controller but not everyone is going to own or get any of those so they may not bother buying it at all.

As for this...I think in this day and age of DLC I think retail releases where only minor cahnges and a few characters being added would be a bad idea sales wise.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't wait for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Plus Championship Edition Alpha Remix Forth Strike!
yay.gif

Magnifico

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:

Yeah, it has Guilty Gear accent Core, a Samurai Showdown collection, and a King of Fighters collection, all sadly lacking online play. Not to mention a unique 3d Castlevania fighting game (that does have online play and is kinda fun)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Canonbeat234 said:
Please, why won't they release other Street Fighters onto the Wii for crying out loud!!!
jonesman99 said:
because the wii doesnt have the graphical capabilities for that street fighter, not to mention all the upgrades it would get. But that is a good question, does the wii have any good fighting games other than TvC?QUOTE(Hadrian @ Jun 19 2009, 07:59 PM)
Capcom have said it may happen. they even reckon they can do it for any console. I don't see graphics getting in the way at all I see the core controls getting in the way.
I remember an interview when SFIV was early in development the producer (or might have been someone else; can`t remember
tongue.gif
) said they could use stick-figures in SF, because it is all about the gameplay... And now I am constantly hearing, that the Wii is not capable of 2.5D. If you ask me Tatsunoko and SFIII look way better then SFIV style-wise (but I have to admit, that some of the filters in SFIV look really cool
biggrin.gif
)!

I said it a in another thread and I say it again: please Capsom, give us SFIII with online capability and you can keep SFIV on those "next gen
rolleyes.gif
"-platforms

Oh, and bring on: Street Fighter IV`Champion Edition
gbasp.gif
(

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A new character who is Gouken's daughter. She is "probably is as strong as Ryu, Ken or Akuma" and "maybe can do a one handed hadouken like his father can"

Wait, what?

I'm still excited for this though.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
they better have more supers

I'm hoping for the opposite actually. I don't mind if they let us choose which super we want a la 3rd strike but I really think they should get rid of ultra's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol