Sending to repairs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by slimpyman, Oct 21, 2008.

1. slimpyman
    OP

slimpyman GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2008
    United States
    Valparaiso, IN
    I had one of them wii's that needed to be sent in to nintendo to fix the disc read error for brawl...

I actually believe since all production movie dvd are dual layered, thats why my wii has a fuss about playin them too!

anyways, i am havin the same problem with brawl (it wont read brawl, only if i keep inserting and ejecting for like 20 mins), so i am going to send it to nintendo again.

I have dvdx, twilight hack, homebrew, wads installled yada yada... what precautions should i take before i send it to nintendo?

2. retroxity

retroxity Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2008
    United States
    You'll have to reformat your console.

3. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    hmm, my wii wouldnt read brawl either the very first time i put it in. i didnt know it was actually a problem for alot of people lol. it does it once every so often so its no big deal for me.

but whats with that? i mean, what makes it happen in the first place?

4. pirye525

pirye525 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    dirty lens it has to be sent into Nintendo to be cleaned i think

5. Diffusion

Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Nintendo released an official lens cleaning kit in Japan. Should work with US and European Wiis too, no? [​IMG]

6. slimpyman
    OP

Aug 13, 2008
    United States
    Valparaiso, IN
    i think the lens cleaner is a hoax... i mean, they should just replaced my lens in the first place... lemme see what i could milk them for my inconveinience....

isnt there some kind of nand dumper?

7. slimpyman
    OP

Aug 13, 2008
    United States
    Valparaiso, IN
    does anyone actually have any luck using that lens cleaner

8. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    I'd uninstall your grey-market wads and the homebrew channel and just reinstall them when you get it back.

There's a revamped twilight hack that loads on a 3.3 menu so you shouldn't have any issues.

A NAND dump would only work if they sent you back the same console, as the data is set up on a per-wii private key basis.

I had a similar problem and got a brand new Wii and everything I'd bought from the online shop was ready to re-download when I got it back, without a problem.

Good luck!

9. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    they said it was the lens that was dirty, but then i wonder why they did send a whole new wii to me for that... there is a much bigger problem with the wii's having this trouble, else they wouldn't just send a new one, but instead they would have cleaned the lens don't you think?