Hacking Send stuff with Wifi?

Seger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hej

The thing is all of those ppl who had there microSD clipon broken got me thinking.
And I remember that I saw someone who transfered stuff through Wifi to the DS, even if its slow.
I search and used the wiki, but I got nothing. Im might be blind but I dont want my R4 to break.

Anyone got any info on the wifi ftp or DS ftp? Any pointers?

Thanks...

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried using it but it was confusing. How do you set up DSFTP?????

Well like the homepage states, you make a txt file with the config info and rename it ftp.conf and stick it in the folder on the card you create called: /data/settings/. If you do not change the listed info to your own settings, your user name becomes: bjoern with the password: whatever
wink.gif
Then you use any ftp program you want to connect to the DS at the IP and port listed on the screen. If you did not make a config file, then it makes a default login and password for you that is listed on the screen. The tricky part may be with setting up your wireless router and port settings... For that, chekc your router manual if it does not work when you first try it.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to think of what the purpose of having DSFTP would be, but then I thought if you have free space on your microSD card, you should be able to for instance download mp3s/videos/roms to your DS without having to take the card out and whatnot.

Is that right? I hardly think this is just something to show "yeah I can do that"

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to think of what the purpose of having DSFTP would be, but then I thought if you have free space on your microSD card, you should be able to for instance download mp3s/videos/roms to your DS without having to take the card out and whatnot.

Is that right? I hardly think this is just something to show "yeah I can do that"

Yes, you can load more files onto the cart, you can also backup your saves from the backup roms on the flash cart (not retail games) with out taking it out of the DS. You can also remove games you no longer want to make room for new stuff. For those who do not like DSOrganise, you could still have file management abilities with out poping out the cart (as long as you are near a wireless AP(access point) and a computer
wink.gif
) You could also share files with someone else to their PC, should they have a wireless AP handy.

Best thing I see is transferring save files from emulators from the DS to your home comp. Play a game on the go on the DS, then switch the save to your comp when you get home, to play at full size on your PC, switching the save back to continue on the go the next morning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game