Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow it seems like you guys are really close. I originally stopped working on this, because I never figured out how to pack my files into an installable format. If I see tht correctly the only thing that might be a problem are the 8 bytes in the header. As far as we know fw.img never checks those, but I'm still sceptical.

Reactions: KiiWii and ploggy

Tock46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow it seems like you guys are really close. I originally stopped working on this, because I never figured out how to pack my files into an installable format. If I see tht correctly the only thing that might be a problem are the 8 bytes in the header. As far as we know fw.img never checks those, but I'm still sceptical.

I am getting an aneurysm... I already said 3 times that the 8 bytes in the Header does not matter at all :P Original Wii VC install fine when you change it to 16*0xFF for example.

Reactions: ploggy

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am getting an aneurysm... I already said 3 times that the 8 bytes in the Header does not matter at all :P Original Wii VC install fine when you change it to 16*0xFF for example.
Haha, sorry missed that. Well then I guess it is done once piratesephiroth reversed the process.

Reactions: ploggy

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it's almost done. I just have to finish iso to nfs conversion.

hmm... it seems it's done.
Converted dumped legitimate iso into nfs files that are identical to the original ones (except for the zero padding at the end of the final file, I didn't mess with that part of @sabykos code and it doesn't seem required anyway).

I'll just make a final test with Resident Evil IV Wii Edition because it's one of the largest wii virtual console games if not the largest (4GB)

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
D

Deleted User

it's almost done. I just have to finish iso to nfs conversion.

hmm... it seems it's done.
Converted dumped legitimate iso into nfs files that are identical to the original ones (except for the zero padding at the end of the final file, I didn't mess with that part of @sabykos code and it doesn't seem required anyway).

I'll just make a final test with Resident Evil IV Wii Edition because it's one of the largest wii virtual console games if not the largest (4GB)
that theoretically could be a problem. There could be a possible read limit. (however i have very little knowledge so take what I just said with a grain of salt)
Also HYPE

Last edited by ,

Tock46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Xenoblade is one of the largest and one of 11 which were released on Dual Layer discs.

Edit:

Pretty sure Nintendo padded the last 32 kb chunk instead of cutting it off at 18 kb for example.

Last edited by Tock46,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There

sb85fkC.png

Now you can convert anything. Let the injected Wii VC tests begin.

Attachments

• nfs2iso2nfs.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 152

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so assuming I had an iso dumped using cleanrip (ac:cf usa), what would I do to "convert" this to nfs properly? I know how to pack into an installable format already, but I don't know how to convert to working nfs.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so assuming I had an iso dumped using cleanrip (ac:cf usa), what would I do to "convert" this to nfs properly? I know how to pack into an installable format already, but I don't know how to convert to working nfs.
get a Wii VC title (it's best to download everything but the NFS files using jnustool) then just copy the iso to the content folder and rename it to game.iso.
Then copy nfs2iso2nfs to the content folder as well and double click it.
(you'd need also the wii common key in a "wii_common_key.bin" file but I already included it in my compiled exe)

Reactions: markehmus

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a Wii VC title (it's best to download everything but the NFS files using jnustool) then just copy the iso to the content folder and rename it to game.iso.
Then double click nfs2iso2nfs and it should begin the conversion.
(you'd need also the wii common key in a "wii_common_key.bin" file but I already included it in my compiled exe)
i've already got a vc title downloaded+extracted and I rebuilt it with replaced nfs files. thing is, the iso is 4.7gb so it results in about 16 nfs files, despite the actual game being like 330mb. and it didn't actually boot.

would't code/rvlt.tik and code/rvlt.tmd also need to be replaced? maybe with the relevant files from the original iso?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok