Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i've already got a vc title downloaded+extracted and I rebuilt it with replaced nfs files. thing is, the iso is 4.7gb so it results in about 16 nfs files, despite the actual game being like 330mb. and it didn't actually boot.

would't code/rvlt.tik and code/rvlt.tmd also need to be replaced? maybe with the relevant files from the original iso?
yeah, you probably need the proper ticket and tmd in the code folder

D

Deleted User

so just to be clear. We should be able to inject this via file replacement right? (ftpiiu everywhere) (or... do we need... that program from. THAT site)

Last edited by ,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so just to be clear. We should be able to inject this via file replacement right? (ftpiiu everywhere) (or... do we need... that program from. THAT site)
Nope, we can't modify nfs files after the game is installed. They seem to require different filesystem commands that are not implemented in IOSUHAX.
They also seem to use a different encryption so we can't do anything using Eyekey's WFS tools either (can't even extract them)

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replacing the two files didn't seem to be enough. is packing with all nfs files necessary? I know this game can fit in two.

D

Deleted User

Nope, we can't modify nfs files after the game is installed. They seem to require different filesystem commands that are not implemented in IOSUHAX.
They also seem to use a different encryption so we can't do anything using Eyekey's WFS tools either
well crap.... then I guess I cannot do anything. On THAT site, for some reason my login doesn't work what so ever. Yet it works on the sister site (That 3ds site.) (so no program that could make it possible)

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
They also seem to use a different encryption so we can't do anything using Eyekey's WFS tools either
So we only have to, download a VC game from JNUSTool (Xenoblade if we want GamePad support), decrypt it, in content folder delete all, put our Wii iso as game.iso, paste NFS2ISO2NFS and open it with Wii common key on bin format and until it generates the NFS files (or one and then split it in exactly parts with HxD) repack with NUS Packer and install? We dont have to do nothing in code folder? Also do we need signature patches to install it? And we have to use original key?
Thanks

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
replacing the two files didn't seem to be enough. is packing with all nfs files necessary? I know this game can fit in two.
Are you sure it's a clean dump? We can't reduce the games' size becaase modifying the partition would require a modification to the tmd, invalidating the signature.

(plus we don't evn know if the game requires any modification in order to work, I know Rhythm Heaven Fever's apploader.img is slightly different in the VC version)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So we only have to, download a VC game from JNUSTool (Xenoblade if we want GamePad support), decrypt it, in content folder delete all, put our Wii iso as game.iso, paste NFS2ISO2NFS and open it with Wii common key on bin format and until it generates the NFS files (or one and then split it in exactly parts with HxD) repack with NUS Packer and install? We dont have to do nothing in code folder? Also do we need signature patches to install it? And we have to use original key?
Thanks
I suppose you also have to extract the ticket and tmd from the game's DATA partition then copy them to the code folder, as rvlt.tik and rvlt.tmd respectively

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did your tests work with or without them?
I can't test anything right now because my niece is playing on the Wii U.
All I can guarantee is that the iso->nfs conversion works and you get the expected result.

It could be possible that it requires a very special combination of settings, maybe you have to remove the UPDATE partion from the iso or something.
It could also be that the game's apploader and main dol require special modfication in order to work on the VC.
We just don't know.
If it's possible without additional patching, one of us will figure it out and write a tutorial.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's a clean dump? We can't reduce the games' size becaase modifying the partition would require a modification to the tmd, invalidating the signature.

(plus we don't evn know if the game requires any modification in order to work, I know Rhythm Heaven Fever's apploader.img is slightly different in the VC version)
game.iso hash match: md5 732d7cddfd2f958d30b98ffeb72eeac4
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RUUE01

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't test anything right now because my niece is playing on the Wii U.
All I can guarantee is that the iso->nfs conversion works and you get the expected result.

It could be possible that it requires a very special combination of settings, maybe you have to remove the UPDATE partion from the iso or something.
It could also be that the game's apploader and main dol require special modfication in order to work on the VC.
We just don't know.
If it's possible without additional patching, one of us will figure it out and write a tutorial.
I will test with PES 2013, idk which game I will replace, I want Xenoblade for gamePad but maybe that makes problems

D

Deleted User

They also seem to use a different encryption so we can't do anything using Eyekey's WFS tools either (can't even extract them)
and nuspacker doesn't work... fudge

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will test with PES 2013, idk which game I will replace, I want Xenoblade for gamePad but maybe that makes problems
The gamepad support is implemented in fw.img and it's basically the same for all Wii VC games, only different revisions.
Just enable it in meta.xml and it should work as long as the game supports the classic controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8