Semi-bricked Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SpaceJump, Dec 2, 2012.

Dec 2, 2012

Semi-bricked Wii U by SpaceJump at 12:14 AM (1,089 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SpaceJump
    OP

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Yesterdays all was fine and I had no single crash. I did the system update and played some games, all was fine.

Today I did the Wii --> Wii U Transfer which also worked without any errors. Then I wanted to play Mario so I started it with the gamepad. After few seconds the console shut itself off and on the gamepad screen it showed garbage and after that the message that it cannot (obviously) find the console.

Now it does this with all my four games and even with the installed(!) Fifa 13 demo. WTF? The same happens when I go to the system settings or the messages. eShop and Internet Browser still work.

Anyone knows something about this? Any idea what I can do?

2. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Check the manual to see if there is a button combination to reset the system.

also if you have an sd card in, remove it.

Sad to see after 5 firmware based consoles (Wii,DSi,DSiXL,3DS,3DSXl) Nintendo still doesn't offer a simple fail-safe recovery mode like Sony does since the PS3.

3. SpaceJump
    OP

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Wow, thank you. It really was the SD card I had used for the Wii --> Wii U Transfer. It works flawlessly again after removing it :toot:

Kikirini and Cyan like this.