Semi-brick No internet

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kgbbigc, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009

Semi-brick No internet by kgbbigc at 3:56 AM (1,028 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. kgbbigc
    OP

Newcomer kgbbigc Newbie

United States
    Okay so i wanted to get on the internet today with my Wii when i realized i have a semi-bricked wii and am unable to get into my system settings to set up my wifi connection. I ended up getting Homebrew channel and tried to install a bunch of wad files disparately [​IMG] . But every program that said it would unbrick me needed to connect to the internet. Does anyone have a solution to this? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

The mods i have is Wiikey v1
    The Game that messed me up,was a pal version of Wii sports resort with a firmware update.....I have a US wii so i guess this is what screwed me over...

Help!!
    Thanks!!

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Im not 100% sure this will work.Wait and see if some other people can confirm this before trying it.

Get NUS Downloader and get the latest system menu wad for the US wii.

Make sure you get ios60 as well and install that before the system menu wad otherwise you will have a full brick.

You said you can still get into the HBC so use it and try installing the wads with wad manager

ios60.wad first then the system menu wad.

3. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    icpmattj is correct.

4. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Never, ever, EVER do an update from another region. This is posted approximately 5,000 times on this forum. Your solution is a couple posts up, although, if you were already on System Menu 4.0 then there's no reason to get IOS60 first, just the system menu wad (IOSes are not region specific).

5. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah you think Ninty would have a fail-safe so that it would not do updates on Wii's when the Region of the disk does not match the console. It could simply say "Wii disk not from your region" in the disk channel instead of trying to force an update.

Good luck...

6. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Update your Wii with any game of your region.

7. kgbbigc
    OP

Newcomer kgbbigc Newbie

United States
    I did the iso60 then systems menu wad, now am i suppose to be able to enter the wii settings screen now? Because when i click on wii settings it pops up a white screen with 3 little dots in the top left hand corner.. Am i still doing something wrong? [​IMG]

Also you said update my wii with a game from my region, but what game has the newest update that would fix me, something that came out after wii sprts resort, but anyone know of a game that will have an update released after wii sports resort?

Thanks for the replys so far!

8. neardark

Member neardark GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just get the system menu wad for your firmware and install it, ie if your wii is american and your firmware is 3.2 then you want the 3.2u system menu wad, google it and you will find it

9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    There is no game with an update over 3.4 AFAIK, and the PAL version number is always higher than the USA one, so you wont be able to update with a disc containing 3.4. You'll have to download the 3.4U WAD with NUSD and install it.

Its 0000000100000002 and v385, enter those in NUSD and tick Pack>WAD. Then after it downloads, install it.

10. kgbbigc
    OP

Newcomer kgbbigc Newbie

United States
    wow u guys are the effin best i just jumped outa my chair, my wii is now unbricked =] thanks guys again you have no idea!

11. kgbbigc
    OP

Newcomer kgbbigc Newbie

United States
    Now only if there was a way to get rid of Duplicated Channels! anyone know of a program?

Thanks

12. neardark

Member neardark GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom