Sell Switch or not?

Sekmeth Sep 10, 2019.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    But you can get the same amount of battery life with an external battery which can cost the same as a Mariko Switch if you buy a used tablet on somewhere like eBay.

2. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    While this is true, you can also get unbelievable battery with new model and external charger (What I do personally). Since the extra battery life is due to more efficient processing and not a bigger battery, external charges also see an increase in effectiveness.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Oops forgot to mention the actual added benefit is that with an unpatched Switch, you get access to CFW which is something that we may never get on Mariko according to SciresM.

4. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, and that's the big decision you have to make. I had a switch with CFW and it broke, but the benefits it gave me aren't terribly missed. As for Mariko models... I understand current exploits won't work but I don't believe we will never see an exploit. If the Wii mini can get an exploit after so much time, someone will figure something out eventually.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Keep in mind that took 7 years. Now I don't know about but in 7 years, I can play all of the Switch titles I want and be ready for the next console.

uvwl likes this.
  6. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States

That is actually a selling point for me. I already have a couple of consoles that can and are running CFW. Having a new one that cant be modded keeps me from being tempted to mod it. It also prevents me from being tempted to connect online with my modded ones since I have a pure stock one at my fingertips for all legit stuff.

7. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    i guess i can use older displays on newer switch systems?

i have a day one switch that is dead, and I noticed the quality downgrade from display to display, could i use my old display in my new switch?

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    When the new 3DS came out people complained about the same thing and it turned out it went away on its own after a few weeks. It was the glue they used in the factory that had a slight yellow tint to it that went away over time. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is the case here, so people shouldn't be bothered too much by it just yet.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 12, 2019
  9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    I think you should be able to, but I don’t know for sure.

crow132 likes this.
  10. Sekmeth
    OP

Sekmeth Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Spain
    Thanks to all for the answers.
    I'll keep in mind that is better getting and "old" xploiteable Swtich than a new Switch "red box" with more battery.
    First of all I have to look for a xploiteable Switch and then sell the patched Switch. B-)

I hope I can find a new one. :unsure:

Last edited by Sekmeth, Sep 17, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted