Homebrew Selfbooting Multi-Emu-Disc for Wii

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will have to make it yourself. since the disc is to contain roms, its not allowed here. even if somebody made the dol and gave it to you to add your onw roms, you would still have to know enough to add the roms and get a working iso.

but yes, it is possible and they do exist. i made mine a couple months ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB__kFKsWqA

darrell0114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im looking for 1 to if any 1 can help i would be happy or just for the iso i have all the roms can any one put a link for the file with no roms thanks

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. i tested it out in sneek when i made it. it should be noted that i made this before the emulators were switched to use io58 and that ios appears not to work with sneek's usb stuff. so you would have to make sure it didnt try to boot that ios.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
darrell0114 said:
im looking for 1 to if any 1 can help i would be happy or just for the iso i have all the roms can any one put a link for the file with no roms thanks
i remember this it's pretty much what got me into modding the wii i still have the iso prob the old 1 though runs in gamecube mode i don't think it's been updated in years though cos of homebrew which is better IMO. you need a chip to use it but it's got over 8000 roms on it i got a wiikey installed just to use it
tongue.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
still it's better to use emulators cos
1. their easier to update no need to reburn discs
2. you can add and remove roms anytime again no need to burn discs again
3. sd and usb are faster
4. you can add forwarders to the wii menu no need to go through disc menu.

discs are pretty much going obsolete
tongue.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using a wode, no need to burn discs. it still is loading from usb. it only takes 3 seconds to create the iso if i want to change something. the emulators still load roms from SD & USB. i have just added the dvd stuff. so now they load from WBFS, ext3, NTFS, HPFS, SD, and USB2.0.

all your arguments are out the window
tongue.gif

oh yeah, i forgot, i can load of any partition. i dont think any current emulator lets you do that. they all just mount 1 partition and thats it.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread does give me an idea...

You could just stick all your ROM's on the disk and the emulators on your SD card and that way you can have more space on your SD for other things (if you are space constrained) I may do this myself... lol

Just use the homebrew channel to launch your emulators
smile.gif

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
JonthanD said:

You could just stick all your ROM's on the disk and the emulators on your SD card and that way you can have more space on your SD for other things (if you are space constrained) I may do this myself... lol

smile.gif

it is a lot better and less hastle to use that drive (or sd card) to store them instead of swapping the disk with a different one, or reburning if it got scratched or when you want to add more games

The only point of this would be if you got a small sd card and roms ain't really that big (Thinking of the older consoles, not the saturn or the psx roms)

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what a wasted thread ! this is awesome and no one 'gets' it

it loads roms from 'wherever' PERIOD , so now put your favorites in 1 place
( and load the rest from where ever you like. )

this is runs AWESOME from dvd-r so far and next DVD-DL will be my next test

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richardarkless said:
JonthanD said:

smile.gif

it is a lot better and less hastle to use that drive (or sd card) to store them instead of swapping the disk with a different one, or reburning if it got scratched or when you want to add more games

The only point of this would be if you got a small sd card and roms ain't really that big (Thinking of the older consoles, not the saturn or the psx roms)

My trimmed up ROM set for SNES is about 600MB's Slightly smaller for Genesis (99% of my collection are US ROM's) for me my SD card that I use for the Wii is 2GB's so its got 63MB's Free (2600,7800, TG16 and a lot of homebrew aps fill up the rest)

I was thinking about trying out the GBA emu so this would be a good solution for me. I may just put all my ROM's on the disk and just point the Emu's at that disk. The emu's can be updated with out a reburn and my ROM's would be safe since burning a DVD is cheap meh its my saves I worry about lol

And just in case anyone asks yes I DO own originals of all these games
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
(My wife has banned me from buying any other consoles or games..... *sobs*)

Edit: I actually own more then what I have on ROM's but some of them I own just to collect and have no desire to actually play them.....

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
JonthanD said:
Richardarkless said:
JonthanD said:

smile.gif

My trimmed up ROM set for SNES is about 600MB's Slightly smaller for Genesis (99% of my collection are US ROM's) for me my SD card that I use for the Wii is 2GB's so its got 63MB's Free (2600,7800, TG16 and a lot of homebrew aps fill up the rest)

I was thinking about trying out the GBA emu so this would be a good solution for me. I may just put all my ROM's on the disk and just point the Emu's at that disk. The emu's can be updated with out a reburn and my ROM's would be safe since burning a DVD is cheap meh its my saves I worry about lol

And just in case anyone asks yes I DO own originals of all these games
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
(My wife has banned me from buying any other consoles or games..... *sobs*)

Edit: I actually own more then what I have on ROM's but some of them I own just to collect and have no desire to actually play them.....

Ok I see your point but what about when you want to add a couple of roms, it can take a good 5-10 minutes just to reburn a disk just for those extra couple of roms when if they were stored on somewhere like an sd card then no need to reburn, takes a couple of seconds to put on and btw have you really played around 700 of those snes so if your really worried about space then get rid of them all and just keep the ones you actually play on, I probably got about 50 games that I still play on in my snes collection and thats like 65mb, the rest are garbage

For genesis ive probably got about 10-30, the sonic games are the greatest
biggrin.gif
, I sure hope sonic 4 is just as good

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That 600MB's is probably less then 300 ROM's hmmm I do see your point I could probably grudgingly trim it down to like 200MB's lol

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
JonthanD said:
That 600MB's is probably less then 300 ROM's hmmm I do see your point I could probably grudgingly trim it down to like 200MB's lol

You serious?

lol most snes games are around 512kb-1mb in size so thats gotta be around 600-700 roms

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 for gbc,gb,nes,gen,atari +misc rom/sets
1 for snes + hacked snes roms
etc

those and say have them valid and working with a usb loader would be awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat