SEGA Studios Australia goes under

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pun in the title, I beat everyone to it.

:arrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/sega-studios-australia-set-to-close

The studio's most recent game was London 2012. Prior to this the team operated as the Australian branch of British developer The Creative Assembly and worked on a variety of games including Medieval II: Total War and Stormrise.

Not the best Sega studio, that's for sure. Still, it's Sega, sad to see a branch of them go.

Reactions: Satangel
D

Deleted_171835

That is crappy, I wonder if this lessens the chance of dreamcast 2 >.>;
dream on brotha.

CyN0Ni2.jpg

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Businesses closing, people overworked etc and google and facebook just keep making profits. How are a few excelling and others falling? Previously it was not like this. For this I believe we have the wrong economic system to blame.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Businesses closing, people overworked etc and google and facebook just keep making profits. How are a few excelling and others falling? Previously it was not like this. For this I believe we have the wrong economic system to blame.
Google changed the world and it seems people like facebook ;) so no reason they shouldn't succeed because they have a better product.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Making crap games for profit.

Its called crapitalism. Doesn't work too well. :P

Reactions: shakirmoledina

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I read that article, I'm kind of amazed they managed to survive this long.

First, half their staff was laid off last year. If you think that doesn't impact the quality of the outcome, you're a downright moron.

But even weirder...they don't even have offices there anymore. At first, I honestly thought the staff was working in the outback somewhere. But as it turns out, they are brought to a totally new company (five star games).

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't like sega games, they are not my preferred brand. I should just be apathetic regarding this really and not even post, but I will do the opposite and celebrate this news instead.

Lol never liked sega anyway, good riddance to them, hope the rest of the company burns too. This just means less sega shit on my store shelves and less sega failware on my console. Screw the now redundant sega employees, I hope their families starve and they lose their homes ahahahaha.

Am I doing it the correct GBAtemp way yet?

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
[user]NarutoNeedForSpeed13[/user] Almost there. Now you need to throw grammar and spelling out the window and try TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS. Add exactly 23 exclamation marks at the end of your sentence to prove your point.

Oh and I almost forgot. Make sure everything is in one single sentence because punctuations are for the weak. :P

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sad to see another part of Sega go under. But its a company which to me, just hasnt moved on with the times. Even now to a degree they seem stuck in their arcade roots and rarely produce games that stand out. I dont think I've been impressed with anything Sega have done since the Shemue games and thats now what, over a decade ago? It just seems they are now full of rehash after rehash or games that mostly bomb or have little depth to make them stand out from the crowd.

I feel like I've waited an eternity in hope for them to come out and say "heres a new full 3D wonderboy title (the Dragons Trap or Monsterworld are two of my all time favourite games) or a new Shenmue, or even a new single player Phantasy Star. But they just seem keen to release shoddily ported Dreamcast games or put their name to dross like the latest Aliens game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom