Sega remixes their "Genesis Does" commercial for the 30th anniversary of the system

In celebration of the Sega Genesis turning 30 years old, today, Sega has uploaded a new trailer for the upcoming Genesis Mini. This is no normal trailer, though, as it takes the retro "Genesis Does" commercial from the early 90s, and remixes it to fit the modern re-release. You won't hear the classic "Nintendon't", but you will see the Genesis Mini, and some of the games it'll offer, when it launches on September 19th in North America, and October 4th, for the Mega Drive Mini variant.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And right after this commercial hits, all the major retrogaming youtubers start doing unboxings and impressions on the Genesis mini (Gamesack, MLiG, MVG etc...). Man do I wish I had one too...

Reactions: CallmeBerto

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'd rather get a mega sg, jailbreak it, and load all the games you need. but $180 is a lot :)
if the genesis mini could play real carts it would be cooler.

Reactions: jimmyj

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
And right after this commercial hits, all the major retrogaming youtubers start doing unboxings and impressions on the Genesis mini (Gamesack, MLiG, MVG etc...). Man do I wish I had one too...
Fingers crossed GBAtemp gets one for early review. :yay:

I personally think it's actually quite creative and a smart advertisement.
It sounds just a little wrong without the snark against Nintendo in the background, but I think most would not have spared much attention towards just a regular commercial for the Genesis Mini. It's pretty cute.
2 Bonus Games? What are they?
A version of Tetris and Darius that never released on the Genesis back in the day.

Reactions: raxadian and Zense

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds just a little wrong without the snark against Nintendo in the background, but I think most would not have spared much attention towards just a regular commercial for the Genesis Mini. It's pretty cute.
Yeah that's my only issue with it. I think they missed a major opportunity calling out Sony for their rushed and lazy PS1 Classic Mini Console. But I guess they didn't want to stir up a feud with Sony which is understandable. Still a massive shame though! :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would've agreed on calling out Nintendo. Except they are more allies than rivals now + their mini consoles are actually very good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    can they prove he was trying to rob the store? He walked in and left without doing anything
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    never asked for money or anything
    Gift
  • LainaGabranth @ LainaGabranth:
    hey why am i being locked out of a thread over a meme lol
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    if you wanna discuss moderator decisions then send me a PM
    Gift
    i don't don't worry
    i just think it's dumb to lock people out of a thread over a related reply
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    If the store has a no gun policy and they don't leave I think it's an arrestable offensive police sadly never show the full story
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    if you ask them to leave that's true
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    if you don't ask them to leave it's legal apparently
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    that indiana guy who shot the mall shooter apparently was not committing any crimes - he had the gun concealed and so of course no one asked him to leave
    Gift
    Most stores have an obvious sign before you go in
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    you don't have to respect the signs
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    not in indiana at least
    Gift
    Same with stop signs
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    the attorney general said someone has to literally ask you to leave
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    and otherwise you can ignore them
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    an offense is only committed once they verbalize that you need to go after seeing your gun
    Gift
    I get hiding away a pistol but a full on shotty
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    lol
    Gift
  • Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    they even made an Indiana gun bill of rights
    Gift
    Indiana is also known for keeping it in the family
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, florida (where this took place) is 100x more known for keeping it in the family
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    they say girls don't do reverse cowgirl there because they don't believe in turning your back on family
    Gift
    Everything is known in florida
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Everything is known in florida