Homebrew Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives game problems help?

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I hacked my New Nintendo 3DS and the region lock is gone, so I downloaded some cia files to play the Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives trilogy on it, and I'm having some problems.

The first game runs, but there's a pop up in Japanese text basically saying it can't read the SD card, so I can't save the game in anyway.

The second game seems to be working fine for now. I did have a save file for Sega 3D Classics Collection but I erased it just in case there won't be any conflicts.

The third and final game I can't even start up because it says the title needs to be updated, I do that, then when it's done it says it needs to be updated all over again in a loop.

Any suggestions for fixes?

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for double posting, I can't edit my original post, but I was hoping if someone could kindly help me with this if possible. Maybe I can download the Japanese eshop on my 3DS?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the game save issue you need to run luma local in the honebrew browser.

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Start luma local then select the game and set region to JAP and set language to JP. exit out luma local patcher and start the game and it will now save with no issues.

For your update issue just find the latest update online and install it. Thats what O did and it works perfectly on my euro 3ds.

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I downloaded and installed the Luma Local on my 3ds and did what you said, and when I changed the region to JAP and the language to JP, it didn't work, but when I changed the region to USA and the language to JP, the Sega Archives 1 and 2 work fine now, so thanks for giving me the software!

As for the third game, I can run it if I ignore the download. I can't seem to find the latest version for now so I'll have to keep looking (unless someone can DM me the latest version if it's not against the rules).

EDIT: Actually never mind on the update on the third game I found it after searching some more.

EDIT 2: Okay, so the third game doesn't give me the update loop anymore since I found and downloaded the .cia of the update online, but I'm still having troubles for all 3 games to recognize the SD card to save, even with the Luma Local by changing the region. Am I doing something wrong or is there another fix?

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I set the language and region back to jap and jp for all three games, then I enabled game patching like you said, and after testing it out on all three, now saving/save states seem to work. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)