umrotzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok Guys,

after I realized that the 32x is an NTSC Version (said Genesis 32x), someone selled it to me as broken pal version. I look up to get it probably running on pal systems and games. But all infos I found are not really helpful and very old.

So i know I can convert my mega drive 2 with a 60hz mod into NTSC but what's with the 32x?

What are my options?

1. Buy an US Genesis and only NTSC games?

2. Buy an US Genesis and play both NTSC and Pal games?

3. Mod what I have to play all, but if then how?

I hope someone can help out a bit.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok Guys,

after I realized that the 32x is an NTSC Version (said Genesis 32x), someone selled it to me as broken pal version. I look up to get it probably running on pal systems and games. But all infos I found are not really helpful and very old.

So i know I can convert my mega drive 2 with a 60hz mod into NTSC but what's with the 32x?

What are my options?

1. Buy an US Genesis and only NTSC games?

2. Buy an US Genesis and play both NTSC and Pal games?

3. Mod what I have to play all, but if then how?

I hope someone can help out a bit.
this might help you a bit:
https://www.consolesunleashed.com/guides/sega-32x-auto-hertz-switchless-region-mod-install-guide/
it looks doable for anyone with solder skills, it means you'll mod both the sega megadrive and the 32x

Last edited by JaapDaniels,
Reactions: Alexander1970

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my NTSC 32x for my PAL Genesis and it works ! If you have "black screen with audio only" problem you are probably using a non-original power adapter.

umrotzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problems are black and white, games freezes (doom 32x PAL) when actual gameplay should start and I only can run 32x games if I press the reset button. So that's the pal/ntsc problem. I order up the switchless mod for the 32x and also the md2 switchless mod that should fixes all the problems.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning to install that very mod board into my PAL 32X (so it's able to work at both 50hz and 60hz with my modded Mega Drive). I've had it sitting in my pile of projects for a while and really must get around to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1