Hacking Question Second Switch Compatibility?

Xanol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make a long story short, I was banned from online and am now planning on buying a second switch. I want to keep it completely, 100% absolutely different from the other one so that I can keep it clean. How far does N go to ban? If I used joycon from the banned one on the clean, would that warrant a ban? What about amiibo? Does connecting to the internet with the same ip I was banned on get the new console banned? Obviously I would make a completely separate Nintendo account, but since I’m going to be dropping another 300$ I don’t want to risk a ban at all on the new console.

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From my understanding, the certificate inside the switch console itself is what is banned, not the joycon or any other accsoracces. The only thing that might be banned as well is your account but you can test that with no issues .

Xanol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding, the certificate inside the switch console itself is what is banned, not the joycon or any other accsoracces. The only thing that might be banned as well is your account but you can test that with no issues .
Do you mean to say that I could possibly use the same Nintendo account on the new system? And also, that doing so wouldn’t get me banned if the account IS marked as bad?

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it has already been flagged then no, you won't be able to use the same account. It most likely won't even let you sign into that account.

From personal experience, I've been banned, but my account can still log in and use online features on my 3DS, so I dont think my account has been flagged. However using another switch I just created another account and can still use the extra joycon and so on

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If your account is not banned (banned accounts are extremely rare), you should be able to use it on another console. Once you successfully remove it from the current.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If your account is not banned (banned accounts are extremely rare), you should be able to use it on another console. Once you successfully remove it from the current.
Stop with missinformation!
You can link an account to multiple systems, what you can't, is unlink from a system, but you can link to more than 1 system

Reactions: ScottNBNP

Xanol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop with missinformation!
You can link an account to multiple systems, what you can't, is unlink from a system, but you can link to more than 1 system

So if I do this, I run no risk of getting in trouble right? I can link my same account, get all the same eShop games and stuff, and not worry about this one getting banned? (Worst case I could always return it but that’s kind of scummy if I can avoid it.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated