Second Nintendo Direct 11PM Japan (Wii U 1st & 3rd party sw)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet we will see no new software, maybe Japan will get a few that we won't see in US/EU. :/
It'll be awesome if they show that Retro Studios game they pulled from E3 at the last minute...I'm sure they have some ready to show by now!

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bet we will see no new software, maybe Japan will get a few that we won't see in US/EU. :/
It'll be awesome if they show that Retro Studios game they pulled from E3 at the last minute...I'm sure they have some ready to show by now!
Oh yeah, they were developing something but got pulled out of E3. Lets hype!
We know retro is in development with a very special game according to rumours and Nintendo themselves.

What can it be?

Zelda? Nope, Miyamota already stated he would physically have to be with retro to do that project
Metroid? mmm it's in the cards
Star fox? This could be possible
DonkeyKong? Ahh would love one, again possible

Another other IP could be possible or even a new IP. Whatever retro does that game would be incredible.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I know Retro is not even doing a sequel, even though I would have loved to see DKCR2, since I think the first one is by far the best plattformer last generation and I'm not even that fond of the original DKC series... I' m curious to see what they do next.

But I don't think they will show anything new rather then giving us the launchdate, -price and -titles.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, they were developing something but got pulled out of E3. Lets hype!
We know retro is in development with a very special game according to rumours and Nintendo themselves.

What can it be?

Zelda? Nope, Miyamota already stated he would physically have to be with retro to do that project
Metroid? mmm it's in the cards
Star fox? This could be possible
DonkeyKong? Ahh would love one, again possible

Another other IP could be possible or even a new IP. Whatever retro does that game would be incredible.
Metroid, I think they're taking some time away and Nintendo may want to get a 3DS game out before...if they want a new game anyway.
Zelda, they've hinted that the 3DS will get a new one first and Miyamoto did mention a year ago that he wanted to direct one himself. Of course Retro doing one would mean Nintendo could let the SS team either work on the 3DS game or do something else and give them a rest from Zelda for a bit. However as you said Miyamoto would want to be as involved like with all of them and it's hard for him to oversee not only all of the games being working on in Japan but also go to the US regularly as well as do promotional duties worldwide.
StarFox...they did state that the future of the franchise may depend on if StarFox 64 3D sold well. Retro have been open about wanting to do StarFox, the series is in need of a fresh reboot and Retro can easily do this what with bringing Metroid into 3D so perfectly and making Donkey Kong Country Returns to be so much better than the original games while still staying fresh. Also this could be a fantastic online multiplayer title too that Nintendo could show off.
Donkey Kong...depends on Retro. With Metroid they had a story arc to tell, maybe with DK they've done a platformer and want to move on. Of course they may want to make a 3D DK plattformer.

A new IP. This is what I want more than anything. Nintendo needs new IPs and Retro could be the ones that could make a system seller. However if this new IP takes off then Retro would want to do any possible sequels meaning that they'll be working on the series instead of attending to other games. Nintendo could get someone else to do sequels but Retro probably wouldn't want that.

F-Zero...well it's featured in Nintendoland so maybe Nintendo are pushing its name out there for a future revival. Wii U needs exclusive online titles, F-Zero could really grab some gamers. Can Retro do racing though?

My bet is they're either working on a new StarFox title or something altogether new.

Of course Retro have actually hired a lot of new staff and a lot of them are quite notable, they could even be working on more than one game! That StarFox/Metroid crossover...what if there was a little truth in it? What if someone saw StarFox Wii U being made and Metroid 3DS being made...but they didn't see any signs of a 3DS there and just assumed they were part of the same game? Maybe they have one Wii U game and one 3DS game that are completely separate. A long shot of course :P

But I don't think they will show anything new rather then giving us the launchdate, -price and -titles.
There was that bit of info that said that Nintendo were doing a September event (before it was announced) and some new Wii U titles were going to be shown. I can't remember if it was one of those anonymous rumours or someone from somewhere reputable though.

There is this though:
http://gengame.net/2...ease-this-year/

Sorta plays with the idea of the Retro title perhaps.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Hadrian: Now what the GT-dude said gets me little hyped now... TBH I wasn't expecting much fromthe even software-wise.

Secretly I'm kinda hoping Ninokuni will be coming to WiiU but Level V haven't said anything about WiiU as of yet but I guess it those guys would announce anythng it would be at the Japanese event.

Even a teaser for an unannouced AAA title would be amazing in an event like this imo!

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually about Donkey Kong:

228817-IwataBananas.jpg

We never did find out why he did this.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there are the rumors that Retro was supposed to unveil a brand new game at E3 until they backed out at the last second, leaving Nintendo to extend their Nintendo Land presentation. If that is the case, we might see that game unveiled today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1