Second-Hand Wii help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Stash23, May 12, 2014.

1. Stash23
    OP

Stash23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2007
    United States
    Hello everyone and Happy Mommy's Day! I hope you spoiled your mommy today and made it special! So I need some assistance. I did some searches but I'm at a loss.

So as the title suggests, I was able to obtain a pre-owned Wii. It's previously hacked with HBC, Backup HBC(?) and Configurable Loader however I have no clue if this system's loaded with some sort of backup utility or whatnot.

My goal is simple: I want to install a Starfall-like program on this Wii to have the NAND backup. The firmware is 4.3U so I need to resort to StartPatch. Although this link claims that Startpatch and Preloader don't work well together... I don't know if preloader's installed. I need an app browser that can check that for me. Haha, so do you guys see my dilemma?

If you guys have any idea how I can approach this, that'll be much appreciated.
    Ultimately, I'd like to have this Wii boot in a way that it launches straight into HBC so I can prompt my apps to load w/e game I want.

2. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    Press and hold reset while booting up the console, if priiloader screen appears, then it has preloader
    BTW, Priiloader is a newer version of Preloader, which you might wanna consider installing.

3. Stash23
    OP

Stash23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2007
    United States
    Thanks a bunch for your quick reply! I have to ask, perhaps you know; which would you recommend to use: StartPatch or Priiloader? And what NAND backup tool would be best to use?

EDIT: I found my answer!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice