Second Hand O3DS on 4.5

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by danbo360, Jul 18, 2016.

1. danbo360
    OP

danbo360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    Hi everyone.

Yes, I am a noob and I have read the sticky's but there's just so much information and wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction.

I have just bought a second hand O3DS on firmware 4.5, there's numerous hax out there and I'm wondering which guide I should follow? I would like to play some back up games and ideally have CFW. The browserhax seems to be the easiest, is there a way to update the firmware to 9.2? Or is there a better alternative for my firmware?

Thanks in advance

2. Accepted

Accepted Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by Accepted, Jul 18, 2016
  3. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
  4. danbo360
    OP

danbo360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    Thanks for your help guys.
    I have just finished part 3 and installed RedNand - I currently have to boot up Luma3DS/Homebrew Launcher to access RedNand and I don't mind this current set up. Part 4 & 5 on the guide allows it to boot directly in CFW, is there any other benefits to this?

5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    yes a 9lh actually boots before the system firmware does this allows you to fix your systems firmware if ever it becomes corrupted or unable to load. . . (Brick protection) . . . Also you will no longer need to use an emunand