SDHC with CFG USB Loaded Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Beatter, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010
  1. Beatter
    OP

Newcomer Beatter Newbie

United States
    I used to run my backups via discs because I lacked a USB HDD and everything worked fine for the most part. Then, when I got a USB HDD I switched to CFG USB Loader. Ever since then I have not been able to use my SDHC card with, as far as I can tell, any game. The only game I really notice it in is Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5, I'm not sure if Rock Band 2 had support for SDHC in the first place though. I do know that GH5 works with SDHC because it worked fine from the disc.
    I figured I'd try re-installing some stuff to try and fix the issue because the card stopped working in the Wii menu as well. I downgraded to 3.2 using the any region changer from 4.0U and start installing only the things I needed for CFG USB Loader which is the following:
    • PriiLoader
    • Bootmii
    • Hermes' IOS 222/223
    • IOS 249
    • CFG USB Loader
    • System Menu 4.1U
    I can't remember if I updated the shop channel or not, but I don't think that's important. I also have a few things in my apps folder.
    After doing all of this and it continued to not work, I thought I'd try converting my drive to WBFS from FAT32. That took forever...copying all my games back and forth on that, and it did nothing.
    The SDHC card continues to work perfectly fine if I run GH5 from the disc either on the retail disc, I'm not sure about the backup disc because I haven't tried since I did all of this, but if worked fine before. I also tried re-installing GH5 onto my hard drive.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -James

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Which version of cIOS249?

3. Beatter
    OP

Newcomer Beatter Newbie

United States
  4. 2pairofaces

Newcomer 2pairofaces Newbie

United States
    I'm not sure what you're trying to do, at first I thought that you wanted to be able to save data, ie dlc from rb2 and gh5 to your sdhc, RB2 is a definite no-go for that btw. But then you mention that you've been swapping games around and are formatting between fat and wbfs, which leads me to believe that you want to load games off of sdhc. If that's the case, then there is good news/bad news. The GOOD news is that you CAN get games to load off of your sdhc, but likely only with cios38 rev 13a or earlier. The BAD news is that I'm not sure either of the games you want to play will fire up with less that cios 14.

5. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

He's trying to use a SDHC card for DLC within the game. It won't work because the cIOS doesn't support it.

6. Beatter
    OP

Newcomer Beatter Newbie

United States
    Is there possibly another cIOS option that does support it?