Hacking SDHC Card Question

shadow999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would assume MLC.

I would think that most microSD cards are MLC because they are cheaper to produce and provide a greater capacity per unit area on the memory card. Add to that, that microSD cards are usually not used in highly demanding products. As in they are not used in professional cameras or video cameras. Usually mobile phones where the performance of the card doesn't matter too much (as far as I know).

Basically the higher capacity cards are much more likely to be MLC (maybe SLC cards can not be produced in 16gb capacity at this stage for a microSD card due to the extra physical space required) and I believe that the reasons stated above also lean towards most if not all microSD cards being based on the slower MLC memory technology.

Performance memory cards (which are usually Compact Flash or standard SD cards) are helpful with semi-professional to professional level digital cameras. Those faster cards are usually based on SLC technology (and the manufacturers are not afraid to advertise this fact
tongue.gif
) and cost a premium in comparison to standard cards.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That sounds plausible
tongue.gif

I don't understand why Sandisk puts class 2 on a 20mb/s read + 12mb/s write microSDHC... that's class 6 easily. Anyone with that microSDHC who can confirm those speeds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1