rrocha

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For all the mac users that need to run multiple commands in the terminal, sometimes forget to do so and have to take the card out again and reboot, yada, yada, yada... Here's a script to do everything for you.

Features:
- disable and remove Spotlight indexing
- remove dot files
- remove dot underbar files
- remove fsevents traces
- fixes flags on all sdcard directories except Nintendo and Emutendo dir (as it might mess up installation files and cause corruption on installed titles/tickets)
- optionally ejects the sdcard when finished

Installation:
Drop it in your favorite directory. I suggest /usr/local/bin as it will be in system path automatically

Usage:
After you finish all your operations in your card, run it either by double clicking or via terminal (prior to ejecting). First run will ask for your volume name. Your sdcard label, basically. After this, it will remember it and will be able to find it. If you need to reset this setting because you changed the label, either delete the .switch-eject.conf file that will be created in your HOME dir or run the script via terminal using the -c flag.
You can also use the -e flag via terminal for auto-eject when finished. If you want the script to always perform the auto-eject, change line 71 from [ ! -z "${e}" ] && echo "Ejecting ${VOL}" && sudo umount ${VOL} to echo "Ejecting ${VOL}" && sudo umount ${VOL}

Enjoy

Attachments

• switch-eject-script-v1.3.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 984
Last edited by rrocha,

alucardx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For anyone trying this in 2022, after using this script whenever I try to launch a game I get this error: "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu."

EDIT: Now I realize I should have changed "emutendo" for emuMMC in the script so that it didn't mess with flags on that directory :(
@rrocha any way to easily fix this? now not even re-installing the games will make it work

Last edited by alucardx2,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone trying this in 2022, after using this script whenever I try to launch a game I get this error: "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu."

EDIT: Now I realize I should have changed "emutendo" for emuMMC in the script so that it didn't mess with flags on that directory :(
@rrocha any way to easily fix this? now not even re-installing the games will make it work
Have you tried the archive bit fix in Hekate tools menu?

Reactions: alucardx2

alucardx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That worked! Thanks so much man
By the way are directories case sensitive in the script? For example, if the folder is Nintendo but in the script it says nintendo, would the directory be considered?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out the -i makes it case insensitive, so it should be fine as it is

Last edited by alucardx2,
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol