Hacking Sd2vita working no bubbles??

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've searched about but can' find an answer that works I've installed sd2vita and works ok but all my homebrew bubbles have dissaperead
I've tried holding L trigger on boot and all files show up but the sd2vita doesn't work how do i get them both working on a standard boot? Guessing will be something simple as all files are still there but I'm lost
Thanks in advance

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the quick reply when you say rebuild database do you mean do it all again? As I followed a tutorial that said copy ux0:tai/config to ur0 and delete the ux0 config file, will i be ok copying file back to ux0 and changing the path to ux0 in config files? I didnt make a copy of the ux0 config file before editing wish I did now I have read other tutorials but the one I used didn' say do a back up

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, enter the recovery menu: R, PS button, and power on button. hold those all at the same time when booting up the system. then select rebuild database. this won't affect sd2vita. and, your config.txt is unlikely to be the issue.

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok this wont wipe all my homerew and everything off will it? As I sent it to a friend down the country to sort for me so don't want to lose all homerew apps and roms?

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No different after doing the rebuild not sure if i was meant to do something after rebuild or Not?
Only thing I noticed was a blue light next to normal green light near power button when turning it off?
Should I upload a pic of my config file in ur0?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it might be that. I thought it would be the database.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, do the default icons appear? I encountered a bug with enso on the pstv to where uninstalling it would cause all icons to disappear. I can't recall if reinstalling the firmware or reformatting the memory card fixed it. one of them did anyway.

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20171231_122330.jpg
20171231_122343.jpg

Yeah normal bubbles there but just retroarch adrenilane molecular enso vita shell not there?
I've noticed my henkaku settings aren't there when I hold L trigger so tried doing enso again as thought that would be problem for that but no henkaku wen hold L trigger on boot settings appear when dont

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I shouldn't have changed all the file paths in config file to ur0 should some of these be ux0 still?
Also there is 2 nonpdrm files in there will that be a problem?
Baffling my head now I'm totally lost

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that shouldn't happen. I'm not sure what the problem could be. yeah, nonpdrm shouldn't be on there twice, but I don't think that would cause an issue like this.

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I didn't backup the original ux0 config file but I took a photo of it once in ur0 to show friend could I copy file back over and change the lines back to how they are and put back in ux0 config place could I start again? Just don't want to delete ur0 config and have no config at all but if i edit it back to how it looked should I be ok

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dude if you hold "L" while booting your SD2Vita won't get mounted thats the intention !!! (for example if your Vita bootloops because of a malfunctioning plugin hold L and you can boot again because no plugin gets loaded...)

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dude if you hold "L" while booting your SD2Vita won't get mounted thats the intention !!! (for example if your Vita bootloops because of a malfunctioning plugin hold L and you can boot again because no plugin gets loaded...)

Ah I see so the L trigger just boots the sd2vita then
I'm lost with options what else to try can i start again and copy conig file back over to ux0 and edit to how it originally looked and start again?

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did go in henkaku settings after I did sd2vita and click on unlink memory card could this of caused a problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, unlink memory card deletes the id.dat, so it basically allows you to use another memory card. I once did that and it screwed up my app.db requiring a rebuild of the database. it will do nothing for you.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah I see so the L trigger just boots the sd2vita then
I'm lost with options what else to try can i start again and copy conig file back over to ux0 and edit to how it originally looked and start again?
No it DOESN'T, it does the oposite thing !!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have to reinstall the firmware. if that doesn't work, you should probably format. backup the app, addcont, user/00, and the ISO folders first.

Last edited by godreborn,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 109771 View attachment 109772

Yeah normal bubbles there but just retroarch adrenilane molecular enso vita shell not there?
I've noticed my henkaku settings aren't there when I hold L trigger so tried doing enso again as thought that would be problem for that but no henkaku wen hold L trigger on boot settings appear when dont

Your ur0:tai/config.txt is referencing ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx (good), but your first screenshot shows you have not copied the plugin to that location.

You also have the nonpdrm plugin line listed twice, delete the first one so that the gamesd line is the first one under *KERNEL

Reactions: Adam85

Adam85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your ur0:tai/config.txt is referencing ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx (good), but your first screenshot shows you have not copied the plugin to that location.

You also have the nonpdrm plugin line listed twice, delete the first one so that the gamesd line is the first one under *KERNEL
Didn't realise that mate I copied the nonpdrm file to ur0 and deleted the line at top so starts with gamesd then nonpdrm but still no joy thanks tho mate was worth a try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat