Hacking SD2Vita 128gb micro sd doesn't work as ux0?

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, as the title says, I tried using a 128gb micro sd as ux0, it doesn't seem to read it... changed the gamesd to turn sd2vita as ux0 and ps vita mmc as uma0. nothing. it doesn't seem to read, it as ux0 or uma0. but if I use ps vita mmc as ux0 and sd2vita as uma0, it works.

Thanks for the response

edit: I also tried a 16gb micro sd card on the sd2vita adapter but it still doesn't see it as ux0... tried changing the gamesd plugin and it doesn't work. it only recognizes it as uma0.. help!

I originally used the sd2vita as uma0: now that I want to switch sd2vita as ux0 it doesn't seem to work

I am using henkaku enso

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
1- You need to set the gamesd.skprx in ur0 if you haven't already
2- You need to delete any other config.txt in ux0 or uma0.. only one to exist should be ur0

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1- You need to set the gamesd.skprx in ur0 if you haven't already
2- You need to delete any other config.txt in ux0 or uma0.. only one to exist should be ur0
Done and done but it still doesn't work. already placed config.txt in uro the first time even before I set uma0 the first time around.

Something happened it doesn't read my ps vita memory card now.
It said something about transfering internal to removable when I restarted. my vitashell is gone

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i would do it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

backup your activation data

no format your sd not console

http://cfw.guide/vita/

use this guide.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i would do it

backup your activation data

no format your sd not console
I already backed up my act.dat

format your console. setup the micro sd new.
I'm confused as what I am going to format...

also, there were a few apps that I moved to uma0 before using appmanager, they can't be accessed nor deleted anymore as they got corrupted.

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lookup Modsiah on youtube if you still having problem setting it up, make sure to use the correct gamesd.spkrx
I have two gamesd in my tai folder i only renamed the other one. I've downloaded several types of the original gamesd plugin and none of them worked. the only difference is that it doesn't read uma0 for sd2vita while the other does, if you set vita mmc as ux0.

@Modsiah haalp...

stehilton94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Look if you have little installed and little save data I would suggest a full redo, reformat your Vita and SD card + Vita card, start from scratch.
With only Vita Card in install Henkaku, then Enso.
After that FTP/USB your ux0 files onto your PC and place them on your SD card. Prepare your Vita for it by moving the tai folder from ux0 - ur0 and delete any tai folder left in your ux0. Add the line for gamesd.sprx in the ur0 tai/config file. Then place the gamesd.sprx, the one specified for having the sd card as the internal memory "ux0" into the ur0:tai/ folder. now poweroff, insert your SD card and remove the vita and boom. I have done it 3 times so far from scratch as some simple shit can cause it to stop working. If you have nothing on your vita game wise, or save data, then just do it all again to avoid any little mistakes that can cause the entire thing to stop working

Reactions: Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Look if you have little installed and little save data I would suggest a full redo, reformat your Vita and SD card + Vita card, start from scratch.
After that FTP/USB your ux0 files onto your PC and place them on your SD card. Prepare your Vita for it by moving the tai folder from ux0 - ur0 and delete any tai folder left in your ux0. Add the line for gamesd.sprx in the ur0 tai/config file. Then place the gamesd.sprx, the one specified for having the sd card as the internal memory "ux0" into the ur0:tai/ folder. now poweroff, insert your SD card and remove the vita and boom. I have done it 3 times so far from scratch as some simple shit can cause it to stop working. If you have nothing on your vita game wise, or save data, then just do it all again to avoid any little mistakes that can cause the entire thing to stop working

Yeah, I will do that later then I will report back here, it may be because my Vita came from TNV and all the previous hacks from before. I already lost my Don't Starve save of 300 days but it's okay. I'll just replay it.

I have a question with activation. the act.dat that I have. Do I just paste it in its directory where I found it?

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

OMG it Effin worked!! Thanks man. I haven't set up a psn account yet so I guess I'll do that maybe next time as I am not going to be connecting anytime soon online anyway. Siiigh... What a relief. Now I can sell my ps vita mmc!

Reactions: stehilton94

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. I have the same problem, so I'd like to know : what exactly did you format ? microSD card (for vita2sd) ? Sony memory card for vita ? Did you reset the console ??? Did you loose activation ? Thank you.
In my case, I have a 64GB Sony memory card (bought from Japan) almost full, and I bought a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus microSD card to install as ux0.
Maybe my problem was that I first tried with a 8GB microSD that I had lying around, and so I first tried to install this one as uma0. It didn't succeed, but I didn't use a complete guide that time I guess (no img used before formatting the 8gb microSD in windows as exfat).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?