Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

i was wondering if this is possible:
1.Install VC channels with WAD manager on the WII
2.Copy the VC channels from the WII to the SD card
3.Delete the VC channels from the WII (including all tickets)
4.Run the VC channels from the SD card, with no trace/tickets on the WII
5.Copy the SD card to work in an other WII console

??

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
i was wondering if this is possible:
1.Install VC channels with WAD manager on the WII
Yes

2.Copy the VC channels from the WII to the SD card
Yes

3.Delete the VC channels from the WII (including all tickets)
Yes (tickets need uninstalled with wad manager to remove)

4.Run the VC channels from the SD card, with no trace/tickets on the WII
Yes, if you leave the tickets on the Wii, no if you remove them.

5.Copy the SD card to work in an other WII console
No, if it sounds "too easy" it is
wink.gif

Draganta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i haven´t tested it, but i think it would not work without the ticket installed

cool i dindn´t think it would work without the titles

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
yes you can do all that if you have cios REV 9 installed and ios patched 60 and have updated to 4.0

No you can't. Many reasons.

One reason is that if you "copy" using the WiiFS it signs the channel when copying to SD, it will not run on any other Wii period.

You must mean they can install the Wad, but that is totally different.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Slimmmmmm said:
Bladexdsl said:
yes you can do all that if you have cios REV 9 installed and ios patched 60 and have updated to 4.0

No you can't. Many reasons.

One reason is that if you "copy" using the WiiFS it signs the channel when copying to SD, it will not run on any other Wii period.

You must mean they can install the Wad, but that is totally different.

well thats what i've done and its working perfectly. can run ANY games of sd, install wads and use usb launcher.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Slimmmmmm said:
Have you really copied channels to SD using the Wii to copy and played them on a DIFFERENT wii?

yes but that wii needs to be modified (cios rev 9 and ios patch 60) to play them too. my friends was i did mine 1st and told him it worked so he did it too. than i let him borrow my sdhc card and he transferred all my games, homebrew etc onto his pc than onto his sdhc card he said it worked perfectly.

we both have chips though.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
he just copied the PRIVATE directory from my sd card that's where all the vc/ww stuff is.

that's not possible

let me explain:
each Wii has an UNIQUE key to sign SDCARD content, which means you can not copy them back to another Wii
you can only decrypt the header and see which channel/savegame it is but that's all,

either he lied or he did copy wads and used wadmanager, not private directory

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Content.bin_file_s...#File_structure

QUOTE said:
Part G: Making back-ups / copies of a channel / VC game

Disclaimer: This is only legal to do when you have the right to use the VC game / channel, in other words: when you have bought the VC game or channel, or when it is/was free. Also, you're only allowed to install the software at one Wii at a time, and only on a Wii you own. Of course you may create homebrew channels too, and copy them as many times as you like.

As said above, the Wii channels and VC games are encrypted by two AES/RSA keys. The first part (the header) is encrypted by a public key, which is the same on every Wii system. This explains why you can see what Wii channels/VC games are on a SD card on every Wii. The key used to encrypt the header is called the SD Key. The second part includes the software itself. It is encrypted with a key unique to each console. This explains why you can only copy software back to the Wii on which it was copied to the SD Card. The third part includes several checksums and certificates, for which I refer to the explanations above.

The only way to copy Wii channels / VC games for use on another Wii is decompiling them on the Wii itself or on the computer. If this has been done, you obtain a WAD file, which is in fact slightly reverse engineered version of the original file.

With the homebrew application WAD Packer it is then possible to convert the WAD file on the SD Card to a compiled version in your Wii NAND Memory. The installation can only be done on the Wii itself. When this is done, the WAD Installer gets your Wii unique key, and encrypts the WAD Package with this one. Once the installation is done, the new channel / VC game appears in the Wii menu, and you are able to use it as it was genuine. Further, it is then possible to copy the channels/games to an SD card, but again, when using this way, it can only be copied back to the Wii it was copied from.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
There are sooooo many things I don't get. Did "your mate" already have the tickets on his Wii also, or did you bypass that also with a simple copy and paste to SD ? ? ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)