Hacking SD Problem with Dragon Quest VIII

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do appreciate your help, apparently when I did it was with the LumaLocaleSwitcher which does not work for me, and the folder structure was kinda different
maybe that was why it did not work for me anymore, I do know how to follow directions, and I am not that new to this stuff, just not aware to the changes on how to load out of region games in this Luma version, thanks
Possum makes two different versions of Switcher targeting different version. He named it in a confusing way. There's also a fork that works with 7.x version of Luma3DS. Possum should probably drop 6.x support from new version since 7.x is out. It just confuses people.

Reactions: eldavo2090

martytowels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, I'm having the same problem and I've followed all the steps so far with no luck. I'm afraid my situation might be a bit different than others, so hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm running a JPN o3DS with latest stable Luma (8.0). I am attempting to run the USA orchestration + uncensored patched game, converted to CIA and installed. (I do have the USA cart as well if that would help for any reason).

I've tried using the "enable patching" Luma feature and set up the locale.txt in a number of different configurations (USA EN, EUR EN, JPN EN, JPN JP) and couldn't get past the error in any case. I've also tried using LumaLocaleSwitcher with the same lack of results. I'm concerned that I need to do something differently than others here because of the JPN console, but I wouldn't know exactly what to change. Anyone have any thoughts?

martytowels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: After a lot more searching, I finally stumbled upon the answer in a reddit help thread. There was a Luma commit just a day or two after I set mine up that seemed to fix this issue for this and many other games+DLCs. If you are experiencing this issue as well, hopefully using this boot.firm will help: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/files/1055982/boot.zip

Now able to run DQ8! :)

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Still having this issue in 2019... I don't believe I'm using nightly Luma either. Is the post above mine still a recommendable fix or is there an updated version? What should I do with the contents of that zip?

ChuchoBarracho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am having this problem. I read through this thread, and I haven't found anything that has helped me, although I don't have the "Enable region/language emu" option in my Luma Configuration menu. Any tips?

felonius

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway