ROM Hack Sd location for apps for switch

Mikep90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some clarification to exactly to where to put apps on the sd card like checker point y'all are nuts save tools. I know the app store haves go into the switch folder but what about everything else. Does the .nro file have to go into the switch folder or can it be just on the root of the sd card. Like the way to run homebrew at the moment everything just goes on the root of the sd card. I know how to do all these things but wasn' sure where to place these things on the sd card and what folder they need to be in.

D

Deleted-442439

Use the search function, google or youtube this is not a personal support forum.

Apps go in the switch folder.

Last edited by ,

Mikep90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the search function, google or youtube this is not a personal support forum.

Apps go in the switch folder.
I tried all that read and look In every form look on YouTube. It all show how run it and all that but wasn't to detail to where actually put the files and I was seeing how people was askinh5 how you did this and that so I thought I could get some clarification on this from the community after I couldn' find any details

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried all that read and look In every form look on YouTube. It all show how run it and all that but wasn't to detail to where actually put the files and I was seeing how people was askinh5 how you did this and that so I thought I could get some clarification on this from the community after I couldn' find any details
Quoted from Checkpoint's README located here: https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/blob/master/README.md
  • sdmc:/switch/Checkpoint: root path
  • sdmc:/switch/Checkpoint/saves/<title id> <game title>: root path for all the save backups for a generic game
So you would put the Checkpoint.nro file in the /switch/Checkpoint/ folder. The only file that should be on the root of the SD card is the hbmenu.nro file for the Homebrew Menu. Everything else should be in the 'switch' folder.

Mikep90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to use checkpoint I would make a folder checkpoint in the switch folder than put the .nro inside that folder. What about the other ones like yall are nuts save tool or some homebrew games that work I can just put those .nro files in the switch folder and I should see them in the homebrew menu
So to use checkpoint I would make a folder checkpoint in the switch folder than put the .nro file inside that folder. What about the other ones like yall are nuts save tool or some homebrew games that work I can just put those .nro files in the switch folder and I should see them in the homebrew menu

D

Deleted-442439

Actually it kind of is.

I think we are playing with definitions, but I would say that the place is more for sharing news, releases and and support for those releases.

Perhaps those where a poor choice of words, my point was new threads for already answered questions is problematic at times, and that users should not make a new thread every time they can't do something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    why did you do that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down
  • T @ Texasauras:
    admonish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, fixed it?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, kiss and make better?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Oh wait wrong edit
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    That edit was made by ancient and i forgot to change the name
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: That edit was made by ancient and i forgot to change the name