YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rioght, i've tried GCMM but i dont know where the hell to put the .gci save files on the card, i tried root, gcmm folder on the root, and thats all lol

then i was gonna try mcbackup beta 0.1, but that boot.dol is not a valid wii application, leads me to believe that its an older dol coded like an elf, which means it won't run on my version of HBC... so i renamed it to .elf and tried to convert it using the elf to dol converter from wiibrew... wouldnt convert.

finally i used GC saver, not a valid wii application because it's an improperly coded .elf for the newer HBC. so i elf to dol it and it loads up this time. and if even finds the save that i have in the GC_SAVES folder on the root of my SD card.

then it found tales of symphonia save, pressed A to restore and then got an error that it couldnt be copied. i'm goin mad here XD want the save to unlock extras on ToS: dawn of the new world and since i dont have the game this is the only way to do it XD

thanks anyone that can help
smile.gif

the only thing i can think of is that i converted the save from a .sav to a .gci so that these damn apps would work in the first place. annoying...

EDIT: The error i'm getting is 'f_stat failed()' or something.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MCBackup is a GameCube homebrew and you need to launch it using GCOS in Gamecube Mode.
You cannot run it on Wii more, and can't run it in the Homebrew channel either.

You will also need a SDGecko in place of gamecube memory card slot. You can't use front Wii SD slot.

That's the only homebrew I tried to transfer save sdmemory card, and it worked perfectly so I didn't try the other one yet.
If you have a SDgecko and can run gamecube backups, burn the WiikeyV1 config disk, it's a GCOS with SDload, then I can try to help you.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well i used all 3 memcards, the official one had 5 blocks left, the 2 third party cards had 1 block and all blocks left.

so i used a different app (save game installer or something, sd2gc) but rather than use the 1.0 version of it i used the 1.1 version that i never noticed underneath it on wiibrew
tongue.gif

and yeah, it only worked with the empty third party card...

cheers anyways guys
smile.gif
unlockables on tales of symphonia now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson