Garchomp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i've been looking at a way you can put the homebrew channel on you're Wii, but I'm not sure if i need to get a SD or SDHC card.....I'm not sure which one works, that is, or if both work. Thanks for answering!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mirco sd cards should be fine, and i strongly recommend against buying a SDHC card for Wii. Just everything that runs on Wii supports different sd cards.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Garchomp said:
So i should just buy a regular SD card, but I can still use Micro SD's? I have a 4GB micro sd with a reader.

Sorry, that's ... 4GB cards are either sdhc cards, or they use some crappy non sd standard format. That card may work, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't.

Mirco sd cards should be fine, i used a 2GB Sandisk micro sd card for a long time, and just everything did work with it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people do experience issues with micro SD cards in SD adapters. But equally some do not. (or perhaps not equally, I have no idea.)

SDHC cards will not work for the Smash Stack exploit, but all other current exploits should work fine with an SDHC, and once you have installed HBC, it will work with SDHC, however any game which uses an SD card in the actual game (most don't, they just use their save on the Wii's memory), often will not support SDHC. I advise getting a 1 or 2GB SD card for best compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill