ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I'm staving it off for as long as I can until such time as I get these questions answered intelligently (come on, people! I know how 'tempers commonly are, so let's make an effort here). Preferably answered by people with first-hand experience in the art of SD necromancy.

I managed to backup the main Nintendo folder, but only AFTER scandisk pinched a LOT of data from god knows where and put it into a hidden FOUND.000 folder (which I ditched as forever lost).

1.) Can I just pick up the pieces from this point on, keeping the good data and resetting only the "bad" corrupted data? Or do I have to man up and accept the fact that she's gone forever I lose 'errthang everything?​
2.) Please tell me I get to keep my Streetpass Plaza progress. Please.​
3.) I don't mind re-downloading everything else from the eShop, but does this mean that progress for all of those games are gone forever? Forever and ever?​

EDIT: I know what I need to do, reset the Data Management software from the System Settings, but I want the above questions answered first.

Okay, the scenario here is that I was converting a video on my laptop, a most wonderfully vivid consummation of love and passion between two incredibly gorgeous ginger females and me a man, with the intent of it gracing my 3DS Album (artistic purposes). Meanwhile, I was playing Heroes of Ruin offline, oblivious to the conversion progress. (NOTE: SD has not been touched yet).

Behold! The game greets me with a message "SD card cannot be accessed. Extra data cannot be created." or some such prattle. Scandisk to the rescue! Well... no. Just scattered the files from wherever they came from and dumped them all in one place, with no hopes of putting it back together again. Screw that, just gimme what's left. So copied what's left to my laptop, Panasonic SD Formatter, then copied em right back.

So far my Streetpass Plaza is still intact, although it did ask me to reset, with a "Caution!", which I tactfully denied, keeping my achievements and Puzzle Swap progress and all Miis in existence.

I still have a few DSi titles as well, although some have disappeared. 3DSwares, Game Previews, and Demos are all gone though, along with Ambassador titles.

That's pretty much about it. Pretty long post, but I've made it so it's at least fun to read. So... help?

(Oh yeah, video never even made it to the SD card. It was all in the mind... think I jinxed it?)

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Well, I want somebody who experienced a corrupt SD card problem to answer the questions I outlined in the first post. I know what I need to do, but I want things confirmed first. Who knows, somebody here might have done steps where they were able to save data on some apps/games.

I hope somebody answers soon though, as I've got a LOT of downloading to do. I miss Swapnote already. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet