Sd Card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by j420, May 15, 2017.

1. j420
    OP

j420 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    hi all bought a new 3ds xl hacked it got luma3ds all was going fine decided to upgrade my memory card. something went wrong memory card is now corrupted and i cant get anything off it but i dont know what i need on my new memory card. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have luma 3ds installed godmode9 still works so does fbi and hbl but they hAve only corrupted files to read.

Last edited by j420, May 15, 2017
  2. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    I don't understand your problem, use punctuation.

But try reformating the card (Backup SD Card) to FAT32, then replace hbl, godmod 9, etc.

3. ComicSANS

ComicSANS Comic sans

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Florida
  4. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Just replied to you on another thread, he doesn't need to set up another arm9loaderhax, his files are just corrupted.

5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    Dude, seriously stop telling people with A9LH to re-install it. Formatting does not get rid of A9LH. What you're suggesting to people will turn their 3DS into a brick.

Quantumcat, coolfuze and fenixcumber like this.
  6. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    This thread is feeling like the blind leading the blind at the moment, @Majickhat55 so far is giving the best advice. If you want someone to offer more indepth assistance then ask if someone can teamviewer into your pc and setup your sd or start a skype session with someone.

Don't format the 3DS, you've lost the SD at this point so if anyone hasn't broken it to you yet your games are lost to if you had games. You can get them again once you get it up and running.

7. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    Also if you have Luma and other payloads, you don't need anything else other than personal use apps/games. You have everything you need to run your CFW (A9LH+Luma) other than that it's whatever you decide to install.

When switching SD cards you're supposed to copy everything from one to the other, THEN use the new one. Since you can't you're going to have to start fresh which means losing all your games/saves (doesn't matter if they were backed up if you can't get them off your old SD card). Also, are you using an adapter? If so make sure the write-protection switch isn't on.

Please elaborate on "They all have corrupted files to read". FBI is a title manager, so if it loads it's not corrupted. If you mean like the TitleDB list, or CIAs on your SD card, then it would seem like the integrity of your card is in question. If you have CFW, HBL is more or less obsolete anyway. Every useful app can be installed as a CIA, so unless your goal is playing some rare HomeBrew game, I'd abandon HBL altogether. It's just a window to a room that is CFW these days...

Quantumcat likes this.
  8. ComicSANS

ComicSANS Comic sans

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Florida
    But 3ds.guide

9. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 GBATemp's Official Skiddo™ | Founder of Skiddoism

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA