SD card keeps getting corrupted

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DNAnthony, Dec 18, 2010.

Dec 18, 2010
  1. DNAnthony
    OP

Newcomer DNAnthony Newbie

United States
    I am having this peculiar problem. I am trying it with 2 different 2 GB sandisk sd cards. I formatted the sd card to FAT using disk utility. However everytime I put it in the wii it wont read it... Then when I plug it back into my macbook. It says it's unreadable.. I keep reformatting to FAT but I am still having the same problem.... can someone please help me.

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    use sd card association sd formatter to format it

3. DJ_Eric

Newcomer DJ_Eric Member

United States
    That is not the issue.

Even on my win 7 machine and a freshly formatted 2GB SD card, after I run some homebrew I get the the thing saying I basically need to run checkdisk on my SD card.

I honestly believe it is the hackmii installer that is causing the issue. Further more, I have noticed many of the files that the hackmii installer writes to my SD card does not have any date association at all to it. Is that the issue why our OS's say it is corrupt? I have not cared to take the time to really figure it out, but those are just my observations that I have seen over time.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Don't use the built-in format function from any Mac, it will use (forgot the name) instead of a MBR, that will cause compatiblity issues and might be the reason for your problem(s).

5. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    GPT