Hacking SD Card error

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Today I installed a newly downloaded .cia file (the latest Phoenix Wright game) on my sd card and got a never ending 3DS loading screen. Thought it was a bad dump so I hard reset the system and proceded to delete the game. After downloading a working copy (this time it was criptofixed) I connected the card to my laptop so I can copy the .cia file to it, and...it just won't recognize it. I honestly don't know why. Everytime I try to open the card it says I must reformat it, but hell if I'd ever want to do that. Is there anyway to fix this? My 3ds recognizes the card just fine.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Will try it out, cheers. Does anyone know of any other methods? I'm kind of losing my shit here.

Last edited by .Darky,

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Just realized I can't use this since I can't install anything on my SD card, not even via QR since I lack the necessary apps. I've also tried using file recovery programs like EaseUS and after the scan it won't detect any files. I've read that formatting the card and then using this programs is more effective, but I honestly don't want to risk it. Damn, there has to be another way.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Are you sure? It works fine when I use it on my 3DS. As if nothing had happened.

While looking for a way to fix it I found out it had reset to a raw format.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Where can I get this? As I've said before I can't download anything via QR code. I can't even access the e-shop since I started using CFW, an error pops up everytime.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Make a sd dump with dd on your computer and ask a friend about file recovery. Google will help you a lot with this

Dont experiment with the card before you have a 1:1 dump else it could make recovery impossible.

Also make sure that the culprit is not the SD reader you're using

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
System Settings -> Data Management -> SD Card Management
Sadly, I have a regular 3DS so I can't really do this since it's a N3DS exclusive feature.
Make a sd dump with dd on your computer and ask a friend about file recovery. Google will help you a lot with this

Dont experiment with the card before you have a 1:1 dump else it could make recovery impossible.

Also make sure that the culprit is not the SD reader you're using
Alright, will try this next.

More opinions are welcome guys. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sadly, I have a regular 3DS so I can't really do this since it's a N3DS exclusive feature.

Alright, will try this next.

More opinions are welcome guys. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
If you have HBL set up on your 3DS, there's a FTP homebrew included with the starter kit that you can use.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
After trying lots of programs to restore the files to no avail I made a image back up of my SD card with USB Image Tool, hoping that restoring the image to a new formatted SD card would work. Well, it didn't. And I honestly don't know what to do now. I even deleted the FTP homebrew that was included with the pack long ago, thinking I'd never use it.

Is there anything else I can do? Or should I start from scratch on this new SD card I just bought. Please say I don't need to.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Try it in Linux. Often times Linux can handle errors that Windows can't. I suggest one of the Live DVD ones so you don't have to install anything or mess with virtualbox.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use ddrescue to make an image out of it and analyse it with testdisk for file/partition recovery.
I would really suggest to use ddrescue because it can handle Read-Errors much better than most imaging software out there.

If testdisk fails to find anything and/or can't restore the partition, last chance is to use GetDataBack for FAT but I wouldn't bet on it that it works (but it can restore the filesystemstructre+Filename&path which testdisk can't do always).

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?