SD card emulation?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidsl_128, Nov 1, 2009.

1. davidsl_128
    OP

davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Aug 19, 2008
    Colombia
    I have heard of some apps that can emulate the Wii NAND using a USB drive... but can the SD card be emulated? So instead of thinking that it has a huge internal memory, the Wii would think it has a huge SD card... I'm asking because that would let me have lots of Rock Band 2 customs & dlc in an emulated SD card, but without emulating a NAND (so the savefile in the Wii would be used instead of one in the emulated NAND).

Yeah I know it's a noob question, but I never really followed nand emulating and stuff because I didn't need lots of space (I don't use WiiWare), at least until I got Rock Band 2.

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    NAND emulation isn't really possible right now.

wait for some new releases and updates on triiforce and sneek

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i thought triiforce could do it?

4. davidsl_128
    OP

davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Aug 19, 2008
    Colombia
    Ok... so I'll wait for SD emulation or Rock Band 3 with SDHC support, whichever comes first [​IMG]

5. madcapslaugh

madcapslaugh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2009
    Iceland
    Jerusalem, Israel
  6. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, you can do NAND emulation. If he means for everything (ie from booting the System Menu to loading a game disc via the disc channel and having it save onto the USB..etc), then you need something like Sneek, but I don't think Sneek has really been released yet.

7. Peache

Peache Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2007
    Australia
    Rock Band 2 is getting a SDHC/USB hack for storage by the Rawk SD team. Customs and legit DLC will run on your SDHC card's or USB Flash Drives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZm3NTrMek...player_embedded

Check the Rawk SD topic on gbatemp once in a while to hear about it's release [​IMG] I can't wait, already got me storage!