Hardware SD Card cannot be accessable...

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wanted to upgrade my memory on new 3ds xl, I just format 16 gb sdhc card for fat 32etc, but after placing this card to 3ds, it is just saying the sd card cannot be acces, what should I do?

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to upgrade my memory on new 3ds xl, I just format 16 gb sdhc card for fat 32etc, but after placing this card to 3ds, it is just saying the sd card cannot be acces, what should I do?

Make sure the card is not locked.

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but how, this is micro sd card, not sd card... on micro sd there is not such a thing like switch lock

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but how, this is micro sd card, not sd card... on micro sd there is not such a thing like switch lock

Wow, sorry. I was not paying enough attention. What program did you use to format your sd? Maybe try again with fat32 64kb clusters.

Keywords "new 3ds"

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
normal windows formatting tool and guiformat, not working... just saying "Cannot display the software on the microSD card. The microSD card could not be accessed." Even if i copy all things from old sd to new...

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal windows formatting tool and guiformat, not working... just saying "Cannot display the software on the microSD card. The microSD card could not be accessed." Even if i copy all things from old sd to new...

Did you try using emunand9?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me with my new micro sd card. The weird thing is, I have A9LH, so the micro SD was working to the extent that A9LH would boot, but then on the menu none of the games would load and I'd get the error that the SD Card is not accessible. Its a 200GB Micro SD card, and I thought, shit, this card must not be compatible for some reason, I had formatted it correctly to fat32, but something was wrong. I was going to return the card when I decided to just format the card again, I opened the formatting program and deleted the entire partition, after that I formatted the card to fat32 again, literally changing nothing from the time I had tried before, and then for whatever reason my micro sd card loaded including all the games from my backup that I copied over that were not loading for whatever reason before. Point is, sometimes you just got reformat, even if you did nothing wrong.

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i tried format and format... with sd adapter, and usb microsd adapter, on pc and laptop.. nothing changed... still can't access this sd card... emunand9 not working on my 3ds, i have 11.2 eu version of firmware, stock, with fasthax alpha for kernel 11 access

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much access do you have to the card on the pc, can you read and writes files to it normally? Use something like SD Formatter to format the SD to ntfs and make sure you can read and write to it, then reformat to ntfs, and then gui format to fat 32

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
same result, i can do anything with this card, but only thing is that "cannot acces" I really don't know what to do seriously, can't even find solution in google

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but that is kinda weird... this micro sd works well on pc and laptop, read and write, even checked on smartphone, without problem! seriously I don't know what to do xD

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it is really weird, I've never had an issue like this so it's hard to recommend a solution lol what brand and class is the SD? Do you have access to another 3ds that's stock?

D

Deleted User

but that is kinda weird... this micro sd works well on pc and laptop, read and write, even checked on smartphone, without problem! seriously I don't know what to do xD
It works well on PC and Laptop but you can't format it on PC or Laptop?

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yea it is really weird, I've never had an issue like this so it's hard to recommend a solution lol what brand and class is the SD? Do you have access to another 3ds that's stock?

16GB microSDHC Class 10, just like "stock" 4GB microSD card from the box with nintendo. No unfortunately not...

It works well on PC and Laptop but you can't format it on PC or Laptop?

NO XDD format do nothing, nothing changes in 3ds when i format, on pc or laptop, using usb adapter for microsd or sd adapter.

Lisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
still nothing... even tried cmd diskpart. I don't know.. maybe I'll just buy another 16 gb micro sd, but from other firm, maybe this could help, thanks for help anyway!

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still nothing... even tried cmd diskpart. I don't know.. maybe I'll just buy another 16 gb micro sd, but from other firm, maybe this could help, thanks for help anyway!

Yea that would probably be the best at this point, hopefully this new card resolves all issues man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You snooze you lose.