SD Card cannot be accessable...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lisu, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    I wanted to upgrade my memory on new 3ds xl, I just format 16 gb sdhc card for fat 32etc, but after placing this card to 3ds, it is just saying the sd card cannot be acces, what should I do?

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Make sure the card is not locked.

3. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    but how, this is micro sd card, not sd card... on micro sd there is not such a thing like switch lock

x65943 likes this.
  4. x65943

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Wow, sorry. I was not paying enough attention. What program did you use to format your sd? Maybe try again with fat32 64kb clusters.

Keywords "new 3ds"

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Formatting using using emuNAND9

x65943 likes this.
  6. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    normal windows formatting tool and guiformat, not working... just saying "Cannot display the software on the microSD card. The microSD card could not be accessed." Even if i copy all things from old sd to new...

7. x65943

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Did you try using emunand9?

8. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    Make sure you format using 32kb clustersize

9. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    This happened to me with my new micro sd card. The weird thing is, I have A9LH, so the micro SD was working to the extent that A9LH would boot, but then on the menu none of the games would load and I'd get the error that the SD Card is not accessible. Its a 200GB Micro SD card, and I thought, shit, this card must not be compatible for some reason, I had formatted it correctly to fat32, but something was wrong. I was going to return the card when I decided to just format the card again, I opened the formatting program and deleted the entire partition, after that I formatted the card to fat32 again, literally changing nothing from the time I had tried before, and then for whatever reason my micro sd card loaded including all the games from my backup that I copied over that were not loading for whatever reason before. Point is, sometimes you just got reformat, even if you did nothing wrong.

10. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    i tried format and format... with sd adapter, and usb microsd adapter, on pc and laptop.. nothing changed... still can't access this sd card... emunand9 not working on my 3ds, i have 11.2 eu version of firmware, stock, with fasthax alpha for kernel 11 access

11. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    How much access do you have to the card on the pc, can you read and writes files to it normally? Use something like SD Formatter to format the SD to ntfs and make sure you can read and write to it, then reformat to ntfs, and then gui format to fat 32

12. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    same result, i can do anything with this card, but only thing is that "cannot acces" I really don't know what to do seriously, can't even find solution in google

13. OfficialFBomb

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Is it possible to return or get a replacement from where you got the card?

14. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    but that is kinda weird... this micro sd works well on pc and laptop, read and write, even checked on smartphone, without problem! seriously I don't know what to do xD

15. OfficialFBomb

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Yea it is really weird, I've never had an issue like this so it's hard to recommend a solution lol what brand and class is the SD? Do you have access to another 3ds that's stock?

16. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    It works well on PC and Laptop but you can't format it on PC or Laptop?

17. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    16GB microSDHC Class 10, just like "stock" 4GB microSD card from the box with nintendo. No unfortunately not...

NO XDD format do nothing, nothing changes in 3ds when i format, on pc or laptop, using usb adapter for microsd or sd adapter.

18. OfficialFBomb

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Um... Man try formatting with Rufus? or SD Formatter? See if either of those solutions work..

19. Lisu
    OP

Lisu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Poland
    still nothing... even tried cmd diskpart. I don't know.. maybe I'll just buy another 16 gb micro sd, but from other firm, maybe this could help, thanks for help anyway!

20. OfficialFBomb

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Yea that would probably be the best at this point, hopefully this new card resolves all issues man.